Synopses & Reviews
This book includes fully dimensioned, working drawings and detailed instructions for several interesting projects including 15 practical machinists tools and lathe accessories such as:
- A finger plate (flat vise)
- A caliper-type knurling tool
- A jig for sharpening small drills (1/8" to #60)
- 3 accessory lathe faceplates
- A handsome box latch that will mystify your friends
- A shop-made sling swivel base
Plus you'll learn much useful shop know-how to help you get things done faster and easier in your shop.
- How to sharpen a center punchproperly
- What lube to use for tapping and machining copper
- How to design and fit split cotters
- How to hold thin work in the lathe chuck
You'll also enjoy the several machine shop anecdotes, and the fascinating account of a little lathe made "from nothing" in a Japanese POW camp. And you'll learn "The Secret of the Old Master," in a heartwarming story by Lucian Cary.