Synopses & Reviews
The Second Bedside Reader contains full plans for:
- An elegant between-centers boring bar
- A poor man's jig borera WW2-era device which allows high accuracy hole location on a drill press
- An overhead drive for your milling spindle
- A toolpost fixture for rounding the ends of small parts
- A fixture for cutting multiple-start threads
- A simple shop-made sine bar and sine fixture for your milling machine
- A "Lunkenheimer" type whistlesteam or air operated
a kaleidoscopegreat for gifts, and a possible money-maker
- An old gagemaker's methods for surface grinding and lapping for flat, square, and finish tolerances far beyond what normal machining methods can produce
- An easy way of originating high accuracy master division plates
- Three ways to make master reference squares
- Yet another way of holding thin workpieces.....etc.
This book also contains an enjoyable fiction story, "The Bullseye Mixture", which incorporates complete information on the subject of pack casehardening.