Synopses & Reviews
In this book you will find full working drawings and how-to-make info on:
- A "Co-Ax" type indicator for use on your milling machine (and how to make and use edge finders, center finders, and "wigglers")
- A complete sandblast outfit, including 2 shop-made sandblast guns, and 3 ideas for sandblast cabinets
- Miniature spar tree blocks ("Loggers' jewelry")
- Wire bending jigs
In-depth sections on:
- Taper turning (3 approaches)
- Making target quality triggers for Mauser type bolt action rifles (and how to make muzzle brakes and rifle cleaning rods)
- How to overhaul drill chucks, including how to do a deluxe overhaul on keyless drill chucks!
- How to make car badges that look like they came from the factory
And if you want to learn how to sharpen reamers, you'll find out how in this book. You simply will not
get this info anywhere else.
Do you want to know how to:
- Fit a backplate to a lathe chuck?
- Use an edgefinder to best advantage, and how to "Pick up" an edge in a hurry?
- Hold a gib strip for machining?
- Pull a tee in the wall of a pipe?
- Get broken taps out of aluminum?
- Knurl the edge of a rectangular block?
- File off that last half thou?
You'll find out the above and lots more in The Machinist's Third Bedside Reader