Synopses & Reviews
Facts, tips, and secrets for using the powerful — but less obvious — features of a Mac.
Packed with tricks, tools, and shortcuts that you may not discover by simply working with a program or software on your Mac, Macs Portable Genius, 2nd Edition reveals smart and innovative ways to execute various tasks that can save you time and hassle. Its handy smaller trim size makes it easy for you to find essential information, coupled with savvy advice on everything from simple tasks like getting started to intermediate information and hip tips that cover how to use Macs and related hardware.
- Reveals facts, tips, and secrets to help you get the most out of your Apple hardware and software and maximize their features
- Shows you how to browse the web with Safari, troubleshoot and maintain your Mac, and have fun with your iPod, iPhone, or iPad and iTunes and listen to music and podcasts
- Walks you through switching from an older version of another Mac
- Features a handy trim size so that you can quickly find essential information on the hottest tips, tricks, and savvy advice
- Authored by veteran author Paul McFedries, whose authoritative, no-nonsense — yet friendly and readable — writing style has sold more than three million copies of his books worldwide
Macs Portable Genius, 2nd Edition shares all the coolest information about Mac hardware and software, Apple mobile devices and iTunes, troubleshooting, and maintenance so that you and your Mac can work at your fullest potential.
The Genius is in.
You don't have to be a genius to use a Mac. But if you want to get the very most out of yours, put this savvy Portable Genius guide to work. Want to set up your Mac's new Mini DisplayPort? Run Windows? Sync your downloaded or rented movies with your iPhone or iPad? E-mail yourself a birthday reminder? You'll find cool and useful Genius tips, full-color screenshots, and pages of easy-to-access shortcuts and tools that will save you loads of time and let you enjoy your Mac to the max.
About the Author
Paul McFedries is a Mac expert and full-time technical writer, with more than 70 books to his credit, including iPad Portable Genius and iPhone 4 Portable Genius. Paul encourages all readers to drop by his Web site at www.mcfedries.com.
Portable Genius. Fun, hip, and straightforward, the Portable Genius series gives forward-thinking Apple users useful information in handy, compact books that are easy to navigate and don't skimp on the essentials. Collect the whole series and make the most of your Apple digital lifestyle.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: How Do I Connect and Configure Devices?
Chapter 2: How Do I Connect My Mac with Bluetooth Devices?
Chapter 3: How Do I Synchronize My Mac with Other Devices?
Chapter 4: How Can I Get More Out of the Web?
Chapter 5: How Do I Use My Mac to Organize My Real Life?
Chapter 6: How Do I Use My Mac to Organize My Online Life?
Chapter 7: Can My Mac Help Me Communicate More Effectively?
Chapter 8: How Do I Keep My Mac Running Smoothly?
Chapter 9: Can I Upgrade My Mac?
Chapter 10: How Do I Solve Mac Software Problems?
Chapter 11: How Do I Solve Mac Hardware Problems?
Chapter 12: How Do I Run Windows on My Mac?
Appendix A: Mac Online Resources.
Appendix B: Mac Shortcut Keys.