Synopses & Reviews
An Arsenal of Shrewd Tactics and Winning Strategies to Make You a Major Account Sales Success
Knowing how to get to the decision maker, deal with the competition, understand buyer psychology, and service the client--these are the keys to success when you need to nail down major accounts. Now, for the first time, here's a book of practical, proven-effective strategies and tactics for the entire major account sales cycle.
Based on Neil Rackham's exhaustive research, the strategies you'll find here will enable you to . . .
- Tailor your selling strategy to match each step in the client's decision-making process.
- Ensure that you won't lose your customers because you'll know the psychology of the buyer and how to respond to their doubts.
- Gain entry to accounts through many different windows of opportunity.
- Deal with competitive situations, take on bigger competitors, and win using strategies that the author's meticulous research shows are employed by the most successful salespeople.
- Handle negotiations, concessions on price, and term agreements skillfully and effectively.
- Offer the ongoing technical and maintenance support that keeps your major accounts yours.
From a world-renowned sales innovator, this first-of-a-kind A-to-Z presentation of major account strategy puts sales success in your hands. Make it yours today. Read Major Account Sales Strategy.
Salespeople, marketers, managers--everyone who is involved in selling today-- agrees that major accounts are critical to survival. Major Account Sales Strategy is the first book to offer new, proven-effective strategies for major account sales.
About the Author
Neil Rackham is founder and former president of Huthwaite, Inc. Huthwaite researches, consults, and provides seminars for more than 200 leading sales organizations around the world, including Xerox, IBM, and Citicorp. His academic background is in research psychology. It was at the University of Sheffield, England, that he began his research into sales effectiveness that resulted in SPIN. Rackham is the author of more than 50 articles and several books.
Table of Contents
- How Customers Make Decisions.
- Account Entry Strategy: Getting to Where It Counts.
- How to Make Your Customers Need You: Strategies for the
- Recognition of Needs Phase.
- Influencing the Customer's Choice: Strategies for Evaluation of Options Phase.
- Differentiation and Vulnerability: More About Competitive Strategy.
- Overcoming Final Fears: Strategies for the Resolution of Concerns Phase.
- Sales Negotiation: How to Offer Concessions and Agree on Terms.
- How to Ensure Continued Success: Implementation and Account Maintenance Strategies.
- Anatomy of a Sales Strategy.