Synopses & Reviews
Living trusts made simple. Protect your family with this bestselling book.
Death may be inevitable, but probate doesn't have to be. By creating a living trust, your property will bypass lengthy and expensive probate proceedings and go directly to the people you've designated, quickly and easily.
Make Your Own Living Trust explains how to create a living trust, transfer property to the trust and amend or revoke the trust at any time. Specifically, it covers how to:
- create various living trusts, including an AB trust (also known as a marital trust or bypass trust)
- transfer assets to your trust, including real estate, stocks and bonds, jewelry, art or a small business
- name beneficiaries for all trust property
- sign your document and make it legal
- appoint someone to manage property left to minors or young adults
- provide for trust property management if you become incapacitated
- retain absolute control over trust property while you live
Make Your Own Living Trust includes all the forms you need — as tear-outs and on CD-ROM — to create your own trust, plus step-by-step instructions for filling them out. Completely updated and revised, the 9th edition covers the latest laws and information about federal and state estate taxes.
Good in all states except Louisiana.
Property left in a living trust bypasses lengthy and expensive probate court proceedings and goes directly to the person it's left to, quickly and easily. Make Your Own Living Trust clearly explains: how a living trust works, how to create a trust, how to transfer property to a trust, how to amend or revoke a trust at any time. The bestseller also provides all the forms and instructions necessary to create a basic living trust, a marital life estate trust (AB trust) and a backup will. Good in all states except Louisiana.