Synopses & Reviews
Techniques for Turning Each Meeting into an Open Exchange of Ideas--and a Value-Adding Asset for Your Organization
Meetings can either be the bane of employee life or they can help facilitate the cooperation needed to efficiently and effectively work together.The Manager's Guide to Effective Meetings shows you how to plan and conduct meetings that involve each participant, promote a strong sense of community and, most importantly, drive your organization forward. Look to this latest volume in McGraw-Hill's popular Briefcase Books series for field-proven techniques and strategies to:
- Begin each meeting with purpose--and end it with accomplishment
- Head off time-wasting interpersonal conflicts and turf battles
- Learn how to use technology to hold "virtual" meetings
In our increasingly collaborative work environment, the ability to manage results-driven meetings has become a critical career asset. Let The Manager's Guide to Effective Meetings provide you with a step-by-step template for energizing your next meeting, and transforming it from a roomful of clock-watching individuals into a collaboration of involved and enthusiastic partners.
Briefcase Books, written specifically for today's busy manager, feature eye-catching icons, checklists, and sidebars to guide managers step-by-step through everyday workplace situations. Look for these innovative design features to help you navigate through each page:
- Clear definitions of key terms, concepts, and jargon
- Leadership strategies for improving meeting participation
- How-to hints for creating results-focused collaboration
- Advice for avoiding common meeting errors and missteps
- Warning signs for seeing--and heading off--potential meeting disasters
- Stories and insights from the experiences of others
- Steps for the implementation of proven procedures and tactics
Now translated into 11 languages! This reader-friendly, icon-rich series is must reading for all managers at every level
All managers, whether brand new to their positions or well established in the corporate heirarchy, can use a little "brushing up" now and then. The skills-based Briefcase Books series is filled with ideas and strategies to help managers become more capable, efficient, effective, and valuable to their corporations.
The Manager's Guide to Effective Meetings is a hands-on guide to planning and conducting meetings that fellow professionals will want to attend. It provides techniques for keeping a meeting focused and on target, reveals latest tools for meeting "virtually," and more. This latest addition to the popular Briefcase Books series will prove invaluable to anyone who has to plan or conduct meetings, in any environment.
About the Author
Barbara J. Streibel, Ph.D., is a consultant and manager of intellectual capital development at Oriel Incorporated.