Synopses & Reviews
Comprehensive and unique in its perspective, this reliable, easy-to-read book covers all areas of the Construction Management industry—with a balanced focus on both theory and practicality. It helps users gain a working knowledge of the whole Building Industry, as well as the technical skills required to manage a construction project from conception through occupancy. It emphasizes current industry practices, making it a useful reference for the construction professional. All topic areas are clearly marked for easy reference; these include: construction project management, contracts and delivery methods, detailed estimating, scheduling, network construction, project control, and project updating. For construction professionals, including engineers, technicians, schedulers, and planners.
Table of Contents
I. CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT.
1. Industry and the Project.
2. The Project Management Process.
3. Construction Contracts and Delivery Methods.
4. Estimating Fundamentals.
5. Conceptual and Square Foot Estimating.
6. Assemblies Estimating.
7. Detailed Estimating.
8. Scheduling Fundamentals.
9. Network Construction.
10. Activity Duration and Network Calculations.
IV. PROJECT CONTROL.
11. Fundamentals of Project Control.
12. Cost, Schedule, and Resource Control.
13. Updating the Project: Control in Practice.