Synopses & Reviews
This reader-friendly marketing book conveys timely and relevant material in a dynamic presentation of how marketing concepts are implemented, and what they mean in the marketplace. It introduces marketing from the perspective of real people making real marketing decisions at leading companies every day. Learners will come to understand that marketing is about creating value—for customers, for companies, and for society as a whole-and they will see how that is accomplished in the real world.
A five-part organization covers making marketing value decisions, identifying markets and understanding customers' needs for value, creating the value proposition, communicating the value proposition, and delivering the value proposition.
For individuals interested in a career in marketing.
Table of Contents
I. MAKING MARKETING VALUE DECISIONS.
1. Welcome to the World of Marketing: Creating and Delivering Value.
2. Strategic Planning and the Marketing Environment: The Advantage is Undeniable.
3. Think Globally/Act Ethically.
II. IDENTIFYING MARKETS AND UNDERSTANDING CUSTOMERS' NEEDS FOR VALUE.
4. Marketing Information and Research: Analyzing the Business Environment Off-Line and Online.
5. Consumer Behavior: How and Why People Buy.
6. Business-to-Business Markets: How and Why Organizations Buy.
7. Sharpening the Focus: Target Marketing Strategies and Customer Relationship Management.
III. CREATING THE VALUE PROPOSITION.
8. Creating the Product.
9. Managing the Product.
10. Services and Other Intangibles: Marketing the Product that isn't there.
11. Pricing the Product.
IV. COMMUNICATING THE VALUE PROPOSITION.
12. Connecting with the Customer: Integrated Marketing Communications and Interactive Marketing.
13. Advertising and Public Relations: The Beginnings of Marketing Communications.
14. Sales Promotion, Personal Selling, and Sales Management.
V. DELIVERING THE VALUE PROPOSITION.
15. Creating Value through Supply Chain Management: Channels of Distribution, Logistics, and Wholesaling.
16. Retailing: Bricks and Clicks.
Appendix A: Implementing Marketing Plans
Appendix B: Sample Marketing Plan
Appendix C: Marketing Math