Synopses & Reviews
"A publishing concept whose time has come!" The Globe and Mail Read Less, Learn More The Revolutionary Way to Learn!
- Visual Learning With text and visuals tightly integrated, Master Photoshop 5.5 Visually's cutting-edge graphic presentation style makes it quicker and easier than ever to become a Photoshop expert.
- Practical Know-How This hands-on guide shows you how to make real-world use of Photoshop 5.5 with step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish specific tasks to solve specific problems.
- Complete Mastery Master the features of Photoshop 5.5 and ImageReady import images; adjust color balance; retouch; make selections, paths, and masks; add and merge layers; prepare images with channels; enter and edit type; integrate images into collages; work with brushes and textures; use filter effects; warp and morph; automate tasks with Actions; and prepare images for the Web with Adobe ImageReady.
CD-ROM packed with demos of some of the hottest graphics software:
- ScanPrepPro from ImageXpress
- RAYflect Four Seasons V1 from RAYflect SA
- Digital Darkroom 1.2 from MicroFrontier
- Cinematte plug-in from Digital Dominion (Windows)
- Powertone and Silvertone Plug-ins from Intense Software
- Eye Candy 3.0.1 from Alien Skin
- SmartGIF from Site Jazz Corp. (Mac)
- Auto F/X Graphic Goodies from Auto F/X
Plus the searchable, on-screen version of the book and sample artwork! "A master tutorial/reference from the leaders in visual learning!" Infoworld System Requirements: Mac: PowerPC processor, System 7.6 or later, 64MB RAM, 125MB available hard disk space PC: Pentium or faster processor, Windows 9×/NT, 64MB RAM, 125MB available hard disk space www.idgbooks.com
System requirements: Macintosh: PowerPC, System 7.6 or later, 64MB RAM, 125MB available hard disk space. System requirements: PC: Pentium or faster processor, Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT, 64MB RAM, 125 MB available hard disk space.
About the Author
About the Authors Ken Milburn is a photo-digital illustrator and author. More than 250 of his articles and reviews on computer graphics and multimedia have appeared in InfoWorld, PC World, MacWeek, Mac User, Popular Computing, PC Computing, Computer Graphics World, Publish, and Windows magazines. Ken has also worked as a user-interface design consultant for Mannequin, an application developed by the HumanCAD division of Biomechanics Corporation of America and the predecessor to Fractal Design's Poser. Milburn began his career as a fashion and travel photographer in Beverly Hills and now specializes in photo-digital illustration.
Table of Contents
I. Getting Started.
1. Photoshop Basics.
2. Photoshop File Management.
II. Making Image Adjustments.
3. Changing the Size of an Image.
4. Adjusting Image Quality.
5. Retouching Images.
III. Isolating Parts of the Image.
6. Making Selections.
7. Working with Paths.
8. Working with Masks.
9. Working with Layers.
10. Channel Operations.
11. Text and Text Effects.
IV. Photoshop for Art's Sake.
12. Using Photoshop's Brushes.
13. Applying Darkroom Effects.
14. Working with Textures.
15. Using the Artistic Filters.
16. Using the Distort Filters.
17. Using the Noise, Pixelate, and Stylize Filters.
V. Advanced Techniques.
18. Using Layers to Combine Effects.
19. Automating Photoshop with Actions.
20. Preparing Images for a Composite.
VI. Preparing Images for the Web.
21. Preparing and Previewing Web Images.
22. Designing Interactive Graphics.
23. Making Animations from Photos.
Appendix A: Color Management.
Appendix B: What's on the CD-ROM.
End User License Agreement.
CD-ROM Installation Instructions.