Synopses & Reviews
Master Visually Microsoft Office 2003
"One picture is worth a thousand words." If you prefer instructions that show you how rather than tell you why, then this comprehensive reference is for you. Hundreds of succinctly captioned, step-by-step screen shots reveal how to accomplish more than 350 Office 2003 tasks, including:
- Changing line and paragraph spacing
- Creating letters with Mail Merge
- Adding images to Excel or Word documents
- Rearranging PowerPoint slides
- Planning a database and filtering data
- Modifying the Outlook window
- Checking Web site navigation
About the Author
Michael S. Toot is a Seattle-based consultant and author, writing about desktop applications and server-side software. Prior to consulting he was a senior product manager at WRQ, Attachmate, and Compaq/Digital Equipment Corporation, developing middleware solutions for Fortune 2000 customers. Before working full-time in the computer industry he was a litigation attorney. When not writing books he can be found reading, renovating his 95 year-old home with his wife and two cats, or sailing on Puget Sound.
Table of Contents
PART I: Using Office Programs.
1) Getting Started with Office 2003.
2) Work with Office Documents.
PART II: Using Word.
3) Getting Started with Word.
4) Format Text.
5) Change Document Appearance.
6) Create Tables.
7) Work with Graphics.
8) Print Documents.
PART III: Using Excel.
9) Getting Started with Excel.
10) Work with Worksheets.
11) Work with Data, Formulas, and Functions.
12) Create Charts.
13) Work with Graphics.
14) Print Worksheets.
PART IV: Using PowerPoint.
15) Getting Started with PowerPoint.
16) Format a Presentation.
17) Add Objects to Slides.
18) Fine-Tune and Present a Presentation.
PART V: Using Access.
19) Getting Started with Access.
20) Create and Edit Data.
21) Change Table Design.
22) Create Forms.
23) Find and Query Data.
24) Create Reports.
PART VI: Using Outlook.
25) Getting Started with Outlook.
26) Organize E-Mail.
27) Manage Personal Information.
PART VII: Using FrontPage.
28) Getting Started with FrontPage.
29) Fine-Tune and Publish a Web Site.
PART VIII: Using Publisher.
30) Getting Started with Publisher.
31) Work with Graphics.
32) Review and Print Your Publication.
PART IX: Special Office Features.
33) Share Data.
34) Customize Office.