Synopses & Reviews
New to this Edition
- At the end of each of the six units of study, a new section entitled, "The Acaptation of Excel Spreadsheets" is included.
- Includes a CD-ROM that contains templates for use with specific computer spread-sheet problems and cases.
- Examples of current industry programs on collecting and recording data or the movement of inventory.
- All practice problems apply industry terminology used in realistic merchandising situations.
- To become familiar with real-world examples, store forms have been added for the computation of appropriate practice problems
- Answer Manual provides computations and solutions for all of the practice problems and case studies in the text.
This popular workbook meets the needs of students who will be directly or indirectly involved in the activities of merchandising and buying at the retail level. Bette K. Tepper continues to explain the essential concepts, practices, procedures, calculations, and interpretations of figures that relate to the many factors that produce profit.
About the Author
Bette K. Tepper, Fashion Institute of Technology
Table of Contents
Merchandising for a Profit
Defining the Basic Profit Factors
Profit and Loss Statements
How to Increase ProfitsRetail Pricing and Repricing of Merchandise
Basic Markup Equations Used in Buying Decisions
Repricing of MerchandisingThe Relationship of Markup to Profit
Types of Markup
Averaging or Balancing Markup
Limitations of the Markup Percentage as a Guide to ProfitsThe Retail Method of Inventory
Explanation of the Retail Method of Inventory
General Procedures for Implementing the Retail Method of Inventory
Shortages and Overages
An Evaluation of the Retail Method of InventoryDollar Planning and Control
Six-Month Seasonal Dollar Merchandise Plan
Open-to-Buy ControlInvoice Mathematics: Terms of Sale
Terms of Sale