Synopses & Reviews
More essential than a red pencil, this is the one tool you can't go without
Whether you're a manager, an administrative assistant, a student, or a webmaster, at some point on the job you'll also need to become editor, writer, and proofreader. And no matter what you read or write--business reports, term papers, even the simplest e-mail memosit has to be free of errors before it leaves your hands. With this all-in-one guide at your side, you can be sure that every sentence is written the right way.
For crafting perfect documents, this essential reference shows you how to:
- Edit and proofread Web pages and PowerPoint presentations
- Use PDF and Microsoft Word technology to streamline editing
- Make proofreader's marks
- Understand proper punctuation
- Identify and correct commonly misspelled words
- Keep your style consistent
- Use formatting and fonts with finesse
The CD-ROM has even more tools to tweak your writing!
* Starter Style Sheet * 12 Tips for Compelling Writing * Words Most Often Misspelled * Complete Editorial Checklist * Editing PDFs--a Quick Reference * Checklist for Web Editing * Proofreading/Editing Test * Expanded/Professional Style Sheet Template * and more!
Packed with customizable editing tools--this practical, up-to-date reference includes the latest on writing and editing online
The McGraw-Hill Desk Reference for Editors, Writers, and Proofreaders is an indispensable resource for writers, editors, proofreaders, and virtually everyone responsible for crafting clear, polished writing. Ideal for professionals and novices alike, it guides you through the entire proofreading and editing process and features a CD-ROM with more than 25 interactive tools and checklists.
This all-in-one package offers style sheet templates, a list of editor’s symbols, comprehensive editing and proofreading checklists, and guides to commonly misspelled and confused words. It also presents advice on electronically editing and proofreading for the Web.