Synopses & Reviews
THE LANGUAGE OF CHEMISTRY AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, this vital reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether youre a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of chemistry or gain an understanding of its key ideas and concepts.
Written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Chemistry, Second Edition:
* Has been extensively revised, with 9,000 entries that fully define the language of chemistry
* Includes synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations
* Provides pronunciations for all terms
* Covers such topics as analytical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, polymer chemistry, and spectroscopy, as well as terms in related areas such as biotechnology and biochemistry
* Includes an appendix containing tables of useful data and information
* Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms – for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference
Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Chemistry, Second Edition, offers a standard of excellence unmatched by any similar publication.
Authoritative; Comprehensive; Current Carefully reviewed to ensure its accuracy, clarity, and completeness, the Mcgraw-Hill Dictionary of Chemistry puts a wealth of essential information at your fingertips. Whether you're a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with science curiosity, this comprehensive resource defines the current language of chemistry and gives you a better understanding of the ideas and concepts you need to know. The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms is the universal reference choice for the international scientific community--researchers, scientists, engineers, technicians, educators, and writers--and general readers with an interest in science.
Derived from the content of the respected McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms,
Sixth Edition, each title provides thousands of definitions of words and phrases encountered in a specific discipline. All include:
* Pronunciation guide for every term
* Acronyms, cross-references, and abbreviations
* Appendices with conversion tables; listings of scientific, technical, and mathematical notation; tables of relevant data; and more
* A convenient, quick-find format
Table of Contents
How to Use the Dictionary.
Scope of Fields.