Synopses & Reviews
Now students can bring home the classroom expertise of McGraw-Hill to help them sharpen their math skills!
McGraw-Hill's Math Grade 7 helps your middle-school student learn and practice basic math skills he or she will need in the classroom and on standardized NCLB tests. Its attractive four-color page design creates a student-friendly learning experience, and all pages are filled to the brim with activities for maximum educational value. All content aligned to state and national standards
- "You Know It!" features reinforce mastery of learned skills before introducing new material
- "Reality Check" features link skills to real-world applications
- "Find Out About It" features lead students to explore other media
- "World of Words" features promote language acquisition
Discover more inside:
- A week-by-week summer study plan to be used as a "summer bridge" learning and reinforcement program
- Each lesson ends with self-assessment that includes items reviewing concepts taught in previous lessons
- Intervention features address special-needs students
Topics include: Addition; Subtraction; Multiplication; Division; Fractions; Adding and Subtracting Fractions; Multiplying and Dividing Fractions; Geometry; Customary Measurements; Metric Measurements
Student-friendly math activity books for home study of middle-school math - with little or no parental guidance needed
A subject review of Common Core Math for Grade 7, including reviews of topics, example problems, and two practice tests for this high-stakes Grade 7 Math.
Nearly half of adults, including parents of middle-school students, have never heard of the Common Core State Standards, let alone have a working knowledge of what exactly their children face when it comes to middle-school math. Even teachers acknowledge struggling with how best to teach their students these math standards.
CliffsNotes comes to the rescue with this Grade 7 Common Core Math Review. Aligned to the state standards, this book provides essential coverage of the Grade 7 CCSS math that's challenging middle-school students, teachers, and parents alike.
The material covers all of the math standards that comprise Grade 7 CCSS math:
• Ratios and proportional relationships
• The number system
• Expressions and equations
• Statistics and probability
Two practice tests round out the book, plus every review chapter includes example problems.
About the Author
SANDRA LUNA McCUNE, Ph.D., is a former Regents Professor and math specialist in the Department of Elementary Education at Stephen F. Austin State University, where she received the Distinguished Professor Award. She now is a full-time author and consultant.