Synopses & Reviews
Develop the confidence and sharpen the skills you need to conquer the most feared exam of the GED
Don't sweat it-McGraw-Hill's GED Mathematics will get you through the math portion of the GED with no problem! It guides you through your preparation step-by-step. First you will assess your strengths and weaknesses by taking a Pretest. The following chapters introduce you to math concepts on which hundreds of GED questions are based. Finally, you will test your knowledge and gauge your preparedness with a posttest. Simple as 1-2-3!
No other GED Math test prep gives you all this:
- A premium-quality CD-ROM with three interactive tests packed with new questions not repeated in the book
- Automatic scoring and diagnostic analysis for all tests on the CD-ROM-ideal for targeting strengths and weaknesses
- Clear instructions to show you how to use number grids and coordinate plane grids
- Easy-to-follow lessons to develop essential math skills in whole numbers, decimals, fractions, percents, ratios, data analysis, geometry, and algebra
- Guidelines for the Casio fx-260 calculator
- Problem-solving strategies to help you understand word problems
- Test-taking tips and strategies that will raise your score
- A checklist to help you plan your course of study
- A complete Answer Key that explains why each answer is the correct choice
- And much more!
With McGraw-Hill's GED Mathematics, you will sharpen your study skills for test success!
Count on this comprehensive study program with CD-ROM for success on the GED math test
McGraw-Hill's GED Mathematics helps you quickly develop the confidence and skills you need to ace the most feared sections of the high school equivalency exam. It features easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and hundreds of exercises--with answers--in all GED math topics. In addition to three complete practice tests, you get full-length pre- and posttests that help you target your study and gauge your preparedness.
About the Author
Jerry Howett is an experienced math teacher and author of mathematics instructional guides.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Whole Numbers
Chapter 2: Word Problems
Chapter 3: Decimals
Chapter 4: Fractions
Chapter 5: Ratio and Proportion
Chapter 6: Percent
Chapter 7: Measurment
Chapter 8: Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability
Chapter 9: Basic Geometry
Chapter 10: The Basis of Algebra
Chapter 11: Advanced Topics in Algebra and Geometry