Synopses & Reviews
Ace your preparation for the skills measured by MCP Exam 70-290—and on the job—with this official Microsoft study guide. Work at your own pace through a system of lessons, hands-on exercises, troubleshooting labs, and review questions.
The Readiness Review Suite on CD, featuring advanced technology from MeasureUp, provides 425 challenging questions for in-depth self-assessment and practice. You can choose timed or untimed testing mode, generate random tests, or focus on specific objectives. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
You also get expert exam tips plus a full review section inside the book that covers all objectives and sub-objectives
Maximize your performance on Exam 70-290 by learning how to:
- Create and manage user, group, and computer accounts
- Manage file and share permissions
- Help control Web server access and manage sites with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Manage hardware devices, disk storage, software, and print services
- Implement backup procedures and perform system recovery
Readiness Review Suite Includes 425 practice questions on CD
Your kit includes:
- NEW—Self-paced study guide with complete objective-by-objective review plus expert exam tips
- NEW—Readiness Review Suite featuring 425 questions and multiple testing options
- NEW—Case studies and troubleshooting scenarios for real-world expertise
- NEW—180-day evaluation version of Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
- NEW—Windows Server 2003 Sampler, with excerpts from Microsoft Press reference books
- NEW—eBook in PDF format
- NEW—Microsoft Encyclopedia of Security eBook
- Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking, Second Edition, eBook
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.
Get all-new, in-depth exam prep for Exam 70-290, a core MCSA/MCSE exam for Windows Server 2003--as you build real-world job skills. The TRAINING KIT includes a 300-question test bank, full review, case studies, troubleshooting labs, trial software, exam discount, and more.
About the Author
Dan Holme, a graduate of Yale University and Thunderbird, has spent more than a decade as a consultant and trainer, delivering solutions to tens of thousands of IT professionals from the most prestigious organizations and corporations around the world. Dan's company, Intelliem, specializes in boosting the productivity of IT professionals and end users by creating advanced, customized solutions that integrate clients' specific design and configuration into productivity-focused tools, training, and knowledge management services. Dan is also a contributing editor for Windows® IT Pro magazine, an MVP (Office SharePoint® Server), and the community lead of officesharepointpro.com.
Orin Thomas is a consultant, writer, and Microsoft MVP whose books include the Microsoft Press Training Kits for Exams 70-646, 70-647, 70-662, and 70-680. He is also a contributing editor for Windows IT Pro magazine.