Synopses & Reviews
Announcing an all-new MCSA/MCSE Training Kit designed to help maximize your performance on Exam 70-299, one of two core exams for the MCSE: Security specialization and an elective for MCSA and MCSE. This kit packs the tools and features exam candidates want most—including in-depth, self-paced training based on exam content; exam tips from an expert, exam-certified author; and a robust testing suite. It also provides real-world scenarios, case study examples, and troubleshooting labs for the skills and expertise you can apply to the job.
Focusing on implementing and administering network security in a Windows Server 2003 environment, the official study guide covers implementing, managing, and troubleshooting security policies, patch management infrastructure, security features for network communications, and planning, configuring, and troubleshooting authentication, authorization, and PKI.
Ace your exam preparation by working at your own pace through the lessons, hands-on exercises, and practice tests. The flexible, best-of-class testing suite features a test engine on CD with 325 practice questions. Choose timed or untimed testing mode, generate random tests or focus on discrete objectives or chapters, and get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path to enhance further study. You also get a 180-day evaluation version of Windows Server 2003 software—making this kit an exceptional value and a great career investment.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
Assess your skills with practice tests. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Target Audience: IT ProfessionalAbout the Technology: Windows Server 2003
Full Title:-"MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-299): Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network"
About the Author
Tony Northrup, a Boston-area network security consultant and technology author, developed his interest in home automation after renting an apartment where every light was controlled by pulling a string. Tony turned to home automation products to add light switches without needing to hire an electrician or cutting into the drywall. Tony later bought a house and now uses computers to control and monitor virtually every system in his home: electrical, home theater, security, and even plumbing. Tony's wife, Erica, ensures his home hacking projects are user-friendly and reliable, while his cat, Sammy, mangles every project within paw's reach.
Orin Thomas is a consultant, writer, and Microsoft MVP whose books include the Microsoft Press Training Kits for Exams 70-646, 70-647, 70-662, and 70-680. He is also a contributing editor for Windows IT Pro magazine.
Table of Contents
AcknowledgmentsAbout This BookPart I: Learn at Your Own Pace
- Chapter 1: Planning and Configuring an Authentication Strategy
- Chapter 2: Planning and Configuring an Authorization Strategy
- Chapter 3: Deploying and Troubleshooting Security Templates
- Chapter 4: Hardening Computers for Specific Roles
- Chapter 5: Planning an Update Management Infrastructure
- Chapter 6: Assessing and Deploying a Patch Management Infrastructure
- Chapter 7: Installing, Configuring, and Managing Certification Services
- Chapter 8: Planning and Configuring IPSec
- Chapter 9: Deploying and Troubleshooting IPSec
- Chapter 10: Planning and Implementing Security for Wireless Networks
- Chapter 11: Deploying, Configuring, and Managing SSL Certificates
- Chapter 12: Securing Remote Access
Part II: Prepare for the Exam
- Chapter 13: Implementing, Managing, and Troubleshooting Security Policies (1.0)
- Chapter 14: Implementing, Managing, and Troubleshooting Patch Management Infrastructure (2.0)
- Chapter 15: Implementing, Managing, and Troubleshooting Security for Network Communications (3.0)
- Chapter 16: Planning, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Authentication, Authorization, and PKI (4.0)