Synopses & Reviews
Ace your preparation for the skills measured by MCP Exam 70-350—and on the job—with this official Microsoft study guide. Work at your own pace through a system of lessons, hands-on exercises, troubleshooting labs, and review questions.
The Readiness Review Suite on CD, featuring advanced technology from MeasureUp, provides 300 challenging questions for in-depth self-assessment and practice. You can choose timed or untimed testing mode, generate random tests, or focus on specific objectives. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
Maximize your performance on the exam by learning how to:
- Plan and implement your deployment, including migration from ISA Server 2000
- Install, manage, and troubleshoot ISA Server clients
- Configure ISA Server as a firewall with application-layer filtering
- Enable security-enhanced Internet access for Web servers, Exchange servers, and other servers
- Configure ISA Server to enable Virtual Private Network (VPN) remote access and site-to-site VPNs
- Monitor and log server activity, run reports, and create alerts
Readiness Review Suite on CD Powered by MeasureUp
Your kit includes:
- NEW—Fully reengineered self-paced study guide with expert exam tips.
- NEW—Readiness Review Suite featuring 300 questions and multiple testing options.
- NEW—Case scenarios and troubleshooting labs for real-world expertise.
- NEW—120-day evaluation version of Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004.
- NEW—eBook in PDF format.
- NEW—Microsoft Encyclopedia of Security eBook.
- NEW—Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking, Second Edition eBook.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
- Get in-depth preparation for Exam 70-350, a security specialization exam on the MCSA and MCSE certification tracks for Windows Server 2003.
- This kit packs the resources that exam candidates want most--including in-depth, self-paced training; rigorous, objective-by-objective review; exam tips from expert, exam-certified authors; and a robust testing suite.
- Readiness Review Suite on CD--featuring advanced technology from MeasureUp--provides 300 challenging questions for in-depth self-assessment and practice.
- Includes an evaluation version of Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004 software.
About the TechnologySecurity is an important focus for Microsoft and for the entire computer industry, and ISA Server 2004 is a powerful product to help protect computer infrastructures. This book shows IT professionals how to deploy and manage ISA Server 2004 and helps them to validate their security skills by preparing for certification with MCP Exam 70-350.
With all-in-one exam prep, practice, and review for the security specialization exam on the MCSA and MCSE certification tracks for Windows Server 2003, candidates can get in-depth preparation for MCP Exam 70-350 while advancing their knowledge of ISA Server 2004. Includes a 300-question test bank, case studies, trial software, and more.
About the Author
Orin Thomas, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, Microsoft MVP, is a consultant and writer whose books include the SELF-PACED TRAINING KITS for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2, Exchange Server, and SharePoint exams. He is also a contributing editor to Windows IT Pro magazine.
Table of Contents
DedicationAbout the AuthorsAcknowledgementsAbout This BookLearn at Your Own PaceChapter 1: Introduction to ISA Server 2004Chapter 2: Installing ISA Server 2004Chapter 3: Securing and Maintaining ISA Server 2004Chapter 4: Installing and Managing ISA Server ClientsChapter 5: Enabling Secure Internet Access with ISA Server 2004Chapter 6: Implementing ISA Server CachingChapter 7: Configuring ISA Server as a FirewallChapter 8: Implementing ISA Server PublishingChapter 9: Integrating ISA Server 2004 and Exchange ServerChapter 10: Configuring Virtual Private Networks for Remote Clients and NetworksChapter 11: Implementing Monitoring and ReportingChapter 12: Implementing ISA Server 2004, Enterprise EditionPrepare for the ExamChapter 13: Planning and Installing ISA Server 2004 (1.0)Chapter 14: Installing and Configuring Client Computers (2.0)Chapter 15: Configuring and Managing ISA Server 2004 (3.0)Chapter 16: Configuring Web Caching (4.0)Chapter 17: Configuring Firewall Policy (5.0)Chapter 18: Configuring and Managing Remote Network Connectivity (6.0)Chapter 19: Monitoring and Reporting ISA Server 2004 Activity (7.0)GlossarySystem RequirementsYour new Readiness Review Suite on CDYour fully reengineered Microsoft Study GuideMCSA: Security and MCSE: Security on Microsoft Windows Server 2003