Synopses & Reviews
Upgrade your MCSA or MCSE certification—and your job skills—to Windows Server 2003 with this official Microsoft study guide for Exams 70-292 and 70-296. Work at your own pace through a system of lessons, hands-on exercises, troubleshooting labs, and review questions to maximize your performance on the upgrade exams.
The Readiness Review Suite powered by MeasureUp provides 850 challenging questions on CD for in-depth self-assessment and practice. You can choose timed or untimed testing mode, generate random tests, or focus on specific objectives. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
You also get expert exam tips plus a full review section inside the book that covers all objectives and subobjectives for both exams, including:
MCSA/MCSE Exam 70-292
Implement, manage, and maintain:
- Users, computers, and groups
- Access to resources
- Software update services
- Remote access and Web servers
- Disaster recovery
- Name resolution
- Network security
MCSE Exam 70-296
Plan, implement, and maintain:
- Server roles and server security
- Network infrastructure
- Server availability
- Network security and security infrastructure
- Active Directory infrastructure
- User, computer, and group strategies
- Group Policy
Readiness Review Suite on CD Powered by MeasureUp
Your kit includes:
- NEW—Fully reengineered study guide covering two exams, two certification tracks. Includes complete objective-by-objective review plus expert exam tips.
- NEW—Readiness Review Suite featuring 425 questions per exam and multiple testing options.
- NEW—Case scenarios and troubleshooting labs for real-world expertise.
- NEW—180-day evaluation version of Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition.
- NEW—Fully searchable eBook.
- NEW—Microsoft Encyclopedia of Security eBook.
- Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking, Second Edition, eBook.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Positioning Statement: Upgrade your MCSA or MCSE certification--and your job skills--with all-new, all-in-one exam prep, practice, and review for the skills measured by MCP Exams 70-292 and 70-296.
Full Title:- MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-292 and 70-296): Upgrading your Certification to MIcrosoft Windows Server 2003
Get in-depth exam prep for 70-292 and 70-296, core MCSA/MCSE exams for Windows Server 2003--as you build real-world job skills. The kit includes a 425-question test blank, full review, case studies, troubleshooting labs, trial software, exam discount, and more.
About the Author
Dan Holme, a graduate of Yale University and Thunderbird, has spent more than a decade as a consultant and trainer, delivering solutions to tens of thousands of IT professionals from the most prestigious organizations and corporations around the world. Dan's company, Intelliem, specializes in boosting the productivity of IT professionals and end users by creating advanced, customized solutions that integrate clients' specific design and configuration into productivity-focused tools, training, and knowledge management services. Dan is also a contributing editor for Windows® IT Pro magazine, an MVP (Office SharePoint® Server), and the community lead of officesharepointpro.com.
Orin Thomas is a consultant, writer, and Microsoft MVP whose books include the Microsoft Press Training Kits for Exams 70-646, 70-647, 70-662, and 70-680. He is also a contributing editor for Windows IT Pro magazine.