Synopses & Reviews
100% Technical Accuracy
All the Rewards in Half the Time! Score big with the exclusive 10-point Dummies Edge! Complete with a CD-ROM loaded with exam questions written just for this book by Microsoft-certified experts, MCSE Windows NT® Server 4 in the Enterprise For Dummies® brings you everything you need to pass the exam and make every second count! 100s of Practice Questions on CD-ROM!
- Dummies Test Engine Our exclusive test engine generates custom or random exams on demand
- QuickLearn Game: Outpost Have fun while you build your test-taking skills with this new sci-fi adventure game
- Transcender Corporatin Demo versions of TCP/IP-Cert and TCP/IP-Flash exam simulations; and Certification Sampler, with over 100 questions covering many MCSE exams
- Specialized Solutions, Inc. Demo of training aids including practice quiz and simulations
- Super Software MCSEprep Exam Simulator, demo version of exam simulation and knowledge assessment application
System Requirements: PC with 486 processor or faster running Windows 95 or later or Windows NT 4.0 or later; 16MB RAM; CD-ROM drive, double speed (2x) or faster. (Separate system requirements apply to the QuickLearn Game. Please see About the CD appendix for details.)
The 10-Point Dummies Edge
- Study with Microsoft-certified experts who know their subject inside and out
- Use Quick Assessment to find out what you know or don't know
- Master the real-world skills tested on the exam The Dummies Way
- Cut through the jargon and answer questions faster
- Spot and avoid test traps look for Instant Answer icons
- Take a study break with our exclusive QuickLearn game
- Practice with 100s of unique questions just like the ones on the exam
- Create multiple test-taking scenarios with our customizable test engine
- Visit Dummies.com for test questions and resources
- Do a last-minute DummiesCram with the Dummies Cheat Sheet
System requirements: PC (486 or faster processor; 16MB RAM; 32MB free hard disk space; Windows 95 or later, or Windows NT 4.0 or later; color display (256 colors) or grayscale; sound card; modem (14,400 bps minimum); CD-ROM drive (2x or faster).
About the Author
Study with the Experts! Kenneth Majors, MCSE, has developed and taught many cram sessions for prospective MCTs-getting very high ratings from his students. A seasoned UNIX and Windows NT network expert, he works as a Senior Network Engineer for Levi, Ray, and Shoup, Inc. in Kansas City. Dave Dermon, MCSE, owns a consulting firm that specializes in network management and web site design. Jeffrey Ferris, MCSE, works as an NT Systems Integrator for one of the Big Three long distance providers, specializing in Windows NT and TCP/IP.
Table of Contents
PART I: You're Wondering Why I Called This Meeting.
Chapter 1: The NT Server 4.0 in the Enterprise Exam.
Chapter 2: Exam Prep Roadmap: Windows NT Server in the Enterprise Basics.
PART II: Planning.
Chapter 3: Networking Models.
Chapter 4: Trust Relationships.
PART III: Installation and Configuration.
Chapter 5: Installation, Hesitation, and Perspiration.
Chapter 6: Domain Management.
Chapter 7: Printers: Don't Be Fooled by Spools and Pools.
Chapter 8: Do You See What I TCP/IP?
Chapter 9: Windows Internet Name Service (WINS).
PART IV: Managing User Resources.
Chapter 10: Users: A Necessary Evil.
Chapter 11: Groups: Deciding Who Gets In and Who Doesn't.
Chapter 12: Permission to Manage Resources, Sir!
Chapter 13: User Profiles, System Policies, and Hardware Profiles, Oh My!
Chapter 14: Client Administration: Who's the Boss?
PART V: Managing Network Resources.
Chapter 15: Internetwork Routing.
Chapter 16: NetWare Connectivity.
Chapter 17: Macintosh Connectivity.
PART VI: Managing External Resources.
Chapter 18: Working with Internet Services.
Chapter 19: Remote Access Service Basics.
Chapter 20: RAS in Action.
PART VII: Monitoring and Optimization.
Chapter 21: What a Performance!
Chapter 22: Network Monitor: NT's Traffic Reporter.
PART VIII: Troubleshooting.
Chapter 23: Conflict Resolution.
Chapter 24: Implementing Fault Tolerance: Earning Your Disaster Recovery Stripes.
Chapter 25: Hardware Woes.
PART IX: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 26: Ten Terrific Exam Day Tips.
Chapter 27: Ten MCSE Certification Resources.
PART X: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Practice Exam.
Appendix B: About the CD.
IDG Books Worldwide End-User License Agreement.
Book Registration Information.