Synopses & Reviews
A Sybex study guide for the new SharePoint Server 2010 Configuration exam
SharePoint holds 55 percent of the collaboration and content management market, with many more companies indicating they plan to join the fold. IT professionals interested in enhancing their marketability with the new Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Configuring exam will find this guide may be their only alternative to costly classroom training.
- Microsoft SharePoint claims over half the market for collaboration and content management software; IT professionals will boost their marketability with the newest MCTS certification covering Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Configuring
- This study guide covers 100 percent of the exam objectives with real world scenarios, hands-on exercises, and challenging review questions
- Covers installing, deploying, configuring, and upgrading SharePoint Server 2010; managing search, business intelligence, and administration; configuring content management and business forms; and more
With plenty of practice questions on the companion CD, this guide to exam 70-667 prepares IT professionals to achieve the MCTS: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Configuring certification.
The preparation you need for Exam 70-667
Validate your skills in SharePoint, achieve your MCTS certification, and enhance your IT career when you pass Microsoft's newest SharePoint exam, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring (Exam 70-667). This in-depth study guide prepares you with thorough coverage of all exam objectives, including installing, deploying, configuring, and upgrading SharePoint Server 2010—and much more. Inside, you'll find:
- Full coverage of all exam objectives in a systematic approach, so you can be confident you're getting the instruction you need for the exam
- Practical hands-on exercises to reinforce critical skills
- Real-world scenarios that put what you've learned in the context of actual job roles
- Challenging review questions in each chapter to prepare you for exam day
- Exam Essentials, a key feature in each chapter that identifies critical areas you must become proficient in before taking the exam
- A handy tear card that maps every official exam objective to thecorresponding chapter in the book, so you can track your examprep objective by objective
About the Author
James Pyles is an experienced author, instructor, and consultant, and currently worksas a technical writer for Keynetics, Inc. He has been involved in numerous Ethernet rolloutprojects, software and hardware installations and upgrades, and Windows and UNIXoperating system upgrades. Previously he was a developmental editor for Global Support Content Operations at HP. He has authored or coauthored several books, including MCTS: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 Configuration Study Guide and PC Technician Street Smarts: A Real World Guide to CompTIA A+ Skills, Second Edition.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 What's New in Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
Chapter 2 Planning and Deploying a SharePoint 2010 Installation and Upgrade.
Chapter 3 Configuring SharePoint Farm Environments.
Chapter 4 Configuring Service Applications.
Chapter 5 Configuring Indexing and Search.
Chapter 6 Managing Operational Settings.
Chapter 7 Managing User Accounts and Roles.
Chapter 8 Managing Authentication Providers and Permissions.
Chapter 9 Managing Web Applications and Host Sites.
Chapter 10 Managing Site Collections.
Chapter 11 Deploying and Managing Applications and Solutions.
Chapter 12 Backing Up and Restoring SharePoint.
Chapter 13 Monitoring the SharePoint Environment.
Chapter 14 Optimizing SharePoint.
Chapter 15 Working with Windows PowerShell.
Appendix About the Companion CD.
What You’ll Find on the CD.