Synopses & Reviews
Cast Metal in Sand Molds Using Your Own Backyard Foundry!
Part 2 of the Sand Casting Manual
continues by describing more advanced techniques. Using non-technical terms, Steve Chastain, a mechanical and materials engineer shows you how to cast metal parts for little cost in your own back yard! Sold in over 30 countries, Chastain's popular Small Foundry Series" is good for both the beginner and experience metal caster.
You will learn:
- How to make your own foundry tools and equipment
- About copper alloys, aluminum and cast iron
- About solidification of metals and why it matters
- How to design gates and risers for castings
- The use of chills, insulated pads and riser sleeves
- How to make patterns
- How to make rubber molds and match plates
- The casting of pistons and cylinder heads
- See the original Flathead V-8 castings being produced