Synopses & Reviews
Experience learning made easy—and quickly teach yourself how to build your own database with Access 2013. With Step by Step, you set the pace—building and practicing the skills you need, just when you them! Includes downloadable practice files and a companion eBook.
- Build a database from scratch or ready templates
- Create easy-to-use data-entry forms
- Write queries to extract and manipulate data
- Design reports to summarize data in effective ways
- Import data from other databases and documents
About the Author
has worked closely with Microsoft technologies since 1986 and in the training and certification industry since 1997. As President and CEO of Online Training Solutions, Inc. (OTSI), Joan guides the translation of technical information and requirements into useful, relevant, and measurable resources for people who are seeking certification of their computer skills or who simply want to get things done efficiently.
Joan is the author or coauthor of more than three dozen books about Windows and Office (for the Windows, Mac, and iPad platforms) and three generations of Microsoft Office Specialist certification study guides. Joan is a Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Office Specialist Master (for Office 2013, Office 2010, and Office 2007), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (for Windows and Windows Server), Microsoft Certified Technology Associate (for Windows), Microsoft Dynamics Specialist, and Microsoft Certified Trainer.
Joyce Cox has 20+ years’ experience developing training materials on technical subjects for non-technical audiences, including dozens of books about Office and Windows.
Table of Contents
- Simple database techniques
- Chapter 1: Explore Microsoft Access 2013
- Chapter 2: Create databases and simple tables
- Chapter 3: Create simple forms
- Chapter 4: Display data
- Chapter 5: Create simple reports
- Relational database techniques
- Chapter 6: Maintain data integrity
- Chapter 7: Create queries
- Chapter 8: Create custom forms
- Chapter 9: Create custom reports
- Database management and security
- Chapter 10: Import and export data
- Chapter 11: Make databases user friendly
- Chapter 12: Protect databases
- Chapter 13: Work in Access more efficiently
- Keyboard shortcuts
- About the authors