Synopses & Reviews
Rethink the way you plan, design, and build Web applications—with expert guidance from Web development luminary Dino Esposito. Whether giving legacy sites a much-needed tune-up—or architecting rich Internet applications from the ground up—you’ll learn pragmatic approaches to AJAX development that you can employ today.
Discover how to:
- Delve into the mechanics and design goals of partial rendering—such as improving page-refresh speed
- Use AJAX-enabled server controls to bring desktop-like functionality to Web solutions
- Apply design patterns to common Web development issues, including client-side data binding
- Examine the interoperability and security models in Microsoft Silverlight
- Weigh the tradeoffs when architecting Web applications for richness (Silverlight) vs. reach (AJAX)—and deliver the right solution for your audience
About the Author
Dino Esposito is a well-known ASP.NET, AJAX, and Microsoft Silverlight expert who has written or co-written several popular books, including Microsoft ASP.NET and Ajax: Architecting Web Applications and Programming Microsoft ASP.NET 4. He is a regular contributor to MSDN Magazine and speaks at industry events such as DevConnections and Microsoft TechEd.
Table of Contents