Synopses & Reviews
Start using all the new PowerPoint 2007 features
Create coordinated presentations with charts, video, sound, and more
You have the power to make your point! PowerPoint 2007 features a closer integration with Excel®, a new task-oriented user interface, professional-looking templates, and lots of other nifty upgrades. This book helps you use them all to create really cool slideshows to display on your monitor, project on the wall, or even show on the Web.
Discover how to
- Build a presentation with Slide Master
- Store and share slides with the Slide Library
- Import data from other applications
- Create slick presentations quickly with templates
- Develop and include charts and diagrams
An introduction to the latest version of Microsoft's popular presentation software offers updated coverage of the new features and enhancements of PowerPoint 2007, including its new user interface, 3D rendering, improved formatting capabilities, intergration with other Office 2007 applications, improved tables, graphics and multimedia capabilities, and more. Original. (Beginner)
- New and inexperienced PowerPoint users will discover how to use the latest enhancements to PowerPoint 2007 quickly and efficiently so that they can produce unique and informative presentations
- PowerPoint continues to be the world's most popular presentation software
- This updated For Dummies guide shows users different ways to create powerful and effective slideshow presentations that incorporate data from other applications in the form of charts, clip art, sound, and video
- Shares the key features of PowerPoint 2007 including creating and editing slides, working with hyperlinks and action buttons, and preparing presentations for the Web
- Nine minibooks provide new and inexperienced Word users with the know-how to optimize the features of the long-anticipated release of the latest version of Word
- Valuable minibooks cover Word basics; formatting text; various editing techniques; working with letters, envelopes, and labels; adding graphics; Web publishing; advanced document features; customizing Word; and programming Word with VBA
- Offers insightful information for creating key documents such as reports, letters, business plans, and more for both the Web and print
- Helps readers take advantage of the new Word features, including advanced collaboration, a results-oriented user interface, pre-built layouts, and more
9 books in 1 — your key to creating great documents!
Your one-stop guide to using all the features and power of Word 2007
How do I create columns? What about a mail merge? Can I write my blog in Word? And what on earth is that Ribbon thing? These and dozens of other questions about Word 2007 are answered in this handy reference! Find out how to add graphics and footnotes, create a table of contents, share Word documents, and much more.
Discover how to
- Use the new Ribbon interface
- Work with templates and themes
- Insert tables, diagrams, and clip art
- Collaborate and review documents
- Create mailings and send faxes
- Write macros
About the Author
has written enough computer books to line all the birdcages in California. His other books include PowerPoint 2007 For Dummies
, Java All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies,
and Networking For Dummies,
Although Doug has yet to win a Pulitzer Prize, he remains cautiously optimistic. He is hopeful that George Lucas will pick up the film rights to this book and suggests PowerPoint Episode 2,007: The Phantom Presentation as a working title.
Table of Contents
Book I: The Brave New Word.
Chapter 1: Getting to Know Word 2007.
Chapter 2: Managing Your Documents.
Chapter 3: Working with Templates.
Chapter 4: Printing Your Documents.
Chapter 5: Help!
Book II: Editing and Text Formatting.
Chapter 1: Getting Around Your Documents.
Chapter 2: Basic Text Formatting.
Chapter 3: Working with Styles.
Chapter 4: Editing Techniques.
Chapter 5: All About AutoCorrect and AutoFormat.
Chapter 6: Spell-Checking and the Thesaurus.
Chapter 7: Working with Outlines and Master Documents.
Book III: Formatting Pages.
Chapter 1: Basic Page Formatting and Sections.
Chapter 2: Formatting Fancy Pages.
Chapter 3: Creating Lists.
Book IV: Inserting Bits and Pieces.
Chapter 1: Drawing Shapes on Your Document.
Chapter 2: Inserting Pictures and Clip Art.
Chapter 3: Creating Charts and Diagrams.
Chapter 4: Working with Tables.
Chapter 5: Inserting Fancy Text.
Chapter 6: Other Things You Can Insert in Your Documents.
Book V: Publish or Perish.
Chapter 1: Blogging with Word.
Chapter 2: Working with SharePoint.
Chapter 3: Collaborating with the Review Tab.
Book VI: Using Reference Features.
Chapter 1: Creating a Table of Contents or Table of Figures.
Chapter 2: Working with Footnotes and Endnotes.
Chapter 3: Indexing Your Masterpiece.
Chapter 4: Citations and Bibliographies.
Chapter 5: I Object! (To Tables of Authorities, That Is).
Book VII: Mailings.
Chapter 1: Creating Envelopes and Labels.
Chapter 2: Faxing and E-Mailing Documents.
Chapter 3: Using the Mail Merge Wizard.
Chapter 4: Advanced Mail Merge Tricks.
Book VIII: Customizing Word.
Chapter 1: Customizing the User Interface.
Chapter 2: Opting for Options.
Chapter 3: Working with Fields.
Chapter 4: Creating Custom Forms.
Book IX: Features for Developers.
Chapter 1: Recording and Using Macros.
Chapter 2: Programming with VBA.
Chapter 3: More Programming: Using Word’s Object Model.
Chapter 4: Creating UserForms.