Synopses & Reviews
Hey, you know your way around Mac OS X—so now dig into Microsoft Office v. X and really put your Mac to work! Covering Microsoft Word, Entourage, Excel, and PowerPoint, this supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and handy workarounds in concise, fast-answer format. It’s all muscle and no fluff. Discover the best and fastest ways to perform everyday tasks and challenge yourself to new levels of Office mastery!
- Build on what you already know about Office and quickly dive into what’s new
- Use Word to produce professional documents and Web pages—and add impact with sound, images, and movies
- Put your e-mail to work, share your calendar over the Web, and use scripts to extend Entourage even further
- Create 3-D charts, hyperlink data, and apply simple to sophisticated number-crunching techniques in Excel
- Deliver compelling PowerPoint presentations and movies in person or over the Web
- Share information seamlessly among Office v. X applications and with colleagues
- Write your own macros and scripts with Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and AppleScript
About the Author
Tom Negrino is a book author and contributing editor for Macworld magazine. He began his writing career in 1985 with MacGuide magazine, joining the Macworld ranks in 1987. Tom's articles have appeared in several other magazines, and he has written more than a dozen books since 1994. A frequent speaker at Macworld Expo and other computer trade shows, Tom teaches seminars on Mac and Windows software.
Kirk McElhearn is a writer and translator, and has written and co-written more than a half-dozen books on the Macintosh, covering both software and hardware. As a journalist, Kirk has written articles for a variety of publications, including Macworld magazine and TidBITS.