Synopses & Reviews
Dive deep into Microsoft Project 2010 with reference and best practices from project management experts
Learn proven methods and hard-won lessons from project management professionals—and apply these skills as you work with Microsoft Project 2010. In this two-in-one kit, project management expert Bonnie Biafore shows you how to manage projects efficiently and effectively, and shares the experiences of professionals in the field. You'll then learn how to put these skills to work with Project 2010, using hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds.
The two books included in this kit are:
Microsoft Project 2010 Inside Out
Conquer Microsoft Project 2010—from the inside out! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. Discover how the experts tackle Project 2010—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Take charge of the project triangle—time, money, and scope—to balance your plan
- Enable collaboration among team members, sponsors, and other project stakeholders
- Manually schedule tasks or use the automatic scheduling engine
- Track and control your project using earned value analysis
- Create pivot views of project data with Microsoft Excel 2010 and Visio 2010
- Manage project activities in an enterprise project-management environment
- Apply your experience to future projects by creating your own custom templates
Successful Project Management
Project management expert Bonnie Biafore gives you professional advice for managing projects efficiently and effectively, and shares real-world experiences of project managers in several industries. Learn how to put the best practices and hard-won lessons of experts to work on your critical projects.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders, management, and team members
- Apply methods to break down the project into small, manageable pieces
- Define work assignments, choose resources, and build project schedules
- Accurately estimate project costs and work with a budget
- Identify project changes and manage risks
- Track progress and balance priorities without sacrificing quality
- Document project history and lessons-learned to help improve future projects
About the Author
Teresa S. Stover is a project management expert who has consulted with the Microsoft Office Project Team since Version 4. She is an instructional designer and award-winning author with more than two decades of technical communication experience. Teresa is the author of countless user manuals, tutorials, and help systems—plus more than a dozen computer books, including Microsoft Office Project 2007 Inside Out, Microsoft Office Project 2003 Inside Out, and Microsoft Project Version 2002 Inside Out.
Bonnie Biafore is a Project Management Professional (PMP) with more than 25 years' experience helping clients, large and small, make project management excellence part of their business strategies. She is the author of 26 books about project management, investing, personal finance, Microsoft Project, QuickBooks, and other software programs.
Andreea Marinescu is a PMP certified project manager, working in the IT department at one of the largest customer goods companies in the world. She has been working as a project manager for over 5 years, interacting with international clients, and delivering global IT and business transformation projects. She is also a Project Management trainer. Andreea is passionate about technology, managing people, and organizational development.