Synopses & Reviews
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the inside out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and really put your systems expertise to work! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. Discover how the experts deploy, configure, and manage SharePoint—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Automate the installation and configuration of SharePoint 2013
- Effectively manage SharePoint apps and custom solutions
- Optimize farms, web apps, content databases, and site collections
- Use methods to help users attain productive search experiences
- Configure business intelligence features in SharePoint 2013
- Dive deep into SharePoint security practices and architecture
- Add SharePoint Online to your existing SharePoint environment
- Manage User Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
- Monitor and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider tips
For Intermediate to Advanced IT Professionals
Dive into Microsoft SharePoint administration—and really put your business collaboration platform to work! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. Discover how the experts tackle SharePoint design, deployment, configuration, and management—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Implement and optimize SharePoint 2013 using field-tested solutions
- Apply expert advice for planning, design, deployment, operations, and support
- Manage content efficiently with timesaving techniques
- Determine the best way to use SharePoint 2013 in your organization
- Get insider information for troubleshooting SharePoint problems
- Gain insights and tips from six SharePoint MVPs
About the Author
is an enterprise trainer and SharePoint evangelist. He is a SharePoint MVP alumn, and co-author of several books.
CA Callahan, MCSE, MCSA, MCT, is a SharePoint MVP. Her company provides customized training and courseware for businesses and IT professionals. She is also a frequent presenter at various industry shows and conferences. She is the author and co-author of several SharePoint and Windows books.
Chris Givens, MCSE, MCT, is a SharePoint architect, trainer, and consultant. He is the author of several SharePoint titles for Microsoft Courseware Library.
Milan Gross is a SharePoint trainer and consultant, specializing in architecture, planning, solution design, and governance. He is a regular presenter at industry events and conferences. He is also the co-author of several SharePoint books.
Brian Alderman, is MCT, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, and PMP certified. As a Senior Technical Instructor and consultant, he has nearly 15 years of experience in networking, SQL Server databases, SharePoint technologies, training, and project management. Brian is the coauthor of Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administrator’s Companion.
Javier Barrera is a senior lead engineer, architect, and administrator at a large company. He is part of a team that supports hundreds of enterprise-level SharePoint farms. Javier is a frequent presenter at SharePoint conferences and events. He writes blogs and articles. He has also contributed to several SharePoint books.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: What's new in SharePoint 2013
Chapter 2: Planning and preparing for SharePoint 2013 installation
Chapter 3: Upgrading to SharePoint 2013
Chapter 4: Installing SharePoint 2013
Chapter 5: Managing farms, web applications, and content databases
Chapter 6: Creating and managing service applications
Chapter 7: Creating and managing site collections
Chapter 8: Creating and configuring Search service applications
Chapter 9: Customizing search results and the Search Center site
Chapter 10: Configuring Metadata Management Services
Chapter 11: Configuring User Profile Services
Chapter 12: Understanding and configuring social capabilities
Chapter 13: Configuring Business Connectivity Services
Chapter 14: Configuring records management and eDiscovery
Chapter 15: Understanding and managing SharePoint 2013 apps
Chapter 16: Managing farm and sandboxed solutions
Chapter 17: Installing and configuring business intelligence components
Chapter 18: Monitoring and troubleshooting SharePoint 2013
Chapter 19: Understanding and configuring security
Chapter 20: Scaling and optimizing farms
Chapter 21: Installing and configuring Office Web Apps 2013
Chapter 22: Understanding SharePoint Online, Azure, and hybrid scenarios
Chapter 23: Performing content and disaster recovery
About the authors