Synopses & Reviews
Conquer SharePoint 2013—from the inside out!
You’re beyond the basics, so dive right into SharePoint 2013—and really put your business collaboration platform to work! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting techniques, and workarounds. It’s all muscle and no fluff. Discover how the experts facilitate information sharing across the enterprise—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Efficiently manage documents throughout the enterprise
- Build team sites and collaborate with Microsoft OneNote and SkyDrive
- Design workflows with SharePoint Designer and Microsoft Visio
- Produce e-forms using Microsoft InfoPath and Access
- Manage community sites using business social features
- Connect SharePoint to external data and business systems
- Create business intelligence dashboards and key performance indicators
- Customize and control Sharepoint enterprise search
This guide details how to use all versions of Microsoft SharePoint2013 for document and web content management, website design, enterprise search, business intelligence and reporting, workflow,business forms, and enterprise social networking. It shows users, site owners, business analysts, web designers, and othersintroductory and advanced techniques related to administration aspects; working with list and library apps and collaboration sites;using Office applications with SharePoint; sharing information with SharePoint social networking; using and creating workflows; planningsite content; creating and formatting content pages; adding, editing, connecting, and maintaining web parts; managing documents;designing web content management sites; implementing compliance, records management, and e-discovery; planning for businessintelligence and key performance indicators; implementing business intelligence with Excel Services and SQL Server 2012; buildingdashboards with PerformancePoint Services; working with Visio Services; SharePoint search and creating a customized searchexperience; creating, managing, and designing sites; creating enterprise forms; working with external content; and custom development.Annotation ©2014 Ringgold, Inc., Portland, OR (protoview.com)
Youre beyond the basics, so dive right into SharePoint 2013—and really put this business collaboration platform to work! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting techniques, and workarounds. Its all muscle and no fluff. Discover how the experts facilitate information-sharing across the enterprise—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Develop team sites and share content with SharePoint lists and libraries
- Implement governance policies to manage content and site security
- Work with collaboration features to build community sites, blogs, and wikis
- Use Business Connectivity Services to access your companys business intelligence
- Build custom applications and components to rapidly respond to your business needs
- Companion files on the Web cover all the fundamentals, including creating and managing SharePoint sites
About the Author
Darvish Shadravan has been employed at Microsoft for 13 years where his ongoing work with the InfoPath® and SharePoint products has made him a trusted advisor to the product groups. He is a coauthor of Using Microsoft InfoPath 2010 with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Step by Step.
Penelope Coventry is a Microsoft MVP for SharePoint Server who has written several books on SharePoint, including Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 Step by Step and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Administrators Companion.
Thomas Resing is a SharePoint MVP, Microsoft Certified Master (MCM) in SharePoint 2007, and MCTS in SharePoint 2010, Configuration. He is a technology consultant and blogger. He is also the coauthor of Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 Inside Out.
Christina Wheeler, MCTS, is a SharePoint consultant and trainer. With more than 10 years of experience in the industry, Christina is a frequent speaker at SharePoint conferences and community events.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introducing SharePoint 2013
- Chapter 2: Administration for business users
- Chapter 3: Working with list and library apps
- Chapter 4: Working with collaboration sites
- Chapter 5: Using Office applications with SharePoint
- Chapter 6: Sharing information with SharePoint social networking
- Chapter 7: Using and creating workflows
- Chapter 8: Planning site content
- Chapter 9: Creating and formatting content pages
- Chapter 10: Adding, editing, connecting, and maintaining web parts
- Chapter 11: Managing documents
- Chapter 12: Designing web content management sites
- Chapter 13: Implementing compliance, records management, and eDiscovery
- Chapter 14: Planning for business intelligence and key performance indicators
- Chapter 15: Implementing better business intelligence with Excel Services and SQL Server 2012
- Chapter 16: Building powerful dashboards with PerformancePoint Services
- Chapter 17: Working with Visio Services
- Chapter 18: Discovering information with SharePoint 2013 Search
- Chapter 19: Creating a customized SharePoint 2013 search experience
- Chapter 20: Creating, managing, and designing sites
- Chapter 21: Creating enterprise forms
- Chapter 22: Working with external content
- Chapter 23: Introduction to custom development
- About the authors
- About the contributors