Synopses & Reviews
Experience learning made easy—and quickly teach yourself how to establish effective team collaboration with SharePoint 2013. With Step by Step, you set the pace—building and practicing the skills you need, just when you need them! Includes downloadable practice files and companion eBook.
Discover how to:
- Get your team connected and help them stay productive
- Navigate and add content to a SharePoint site
- Build your own SharePoint site with easy-to-use templates
- Add discussion boards, wikis, and blogs
- Automate business processes and manage workflows
- Share data, calendars, and contacts from Microsoft Office programs
The smart way to learn Microsoft SharePoint 2013—one step at a time!
Experience learning made easy—and quickly teach yourself how to boost team collaboration with SharePoint 2013. With Step by Step, you set the pace—building and practicing the skills you need, just when you need them!
- Customize your team site’s layout, features, and apps
- Manage and share ideas, documents, and data
- Capture and organize content into lists and libraries
- Automate business processes with built-in workflows
- Use social features to communicate and collaborate
- Publish content using enhanced web content management
About the Author
Olga M. Londer, MCSE, MCT, is a technology evangelist for Microsoft Corporation and has served as a technical lead on numerous projects for major clients. She has coauthored many books about SharePoint, including Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 Step by Step.
Penelope Coventry is an independent consultant based in the UK, with more than 25 years of industry experience. She currently focuses on the design, implementation, and development of solutions based on SharePoint Products and Technologies. Penny has authored/co-authored a number of books, including Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Administrator's Companion, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Administrator's Companion, Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies Resource Kit, SharePoint Designer 2007 Step by Step and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Step by Step. Penny is frequently seen at Tech*Ed and IT forum, either as a Technical Learning guide or on the SharePoint Ask-the-Expert stands. Penny lives in Hinckley, Leicestershire, England with her husband, Peter, and dog, Poppy.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introducing SharePoint 2013
- Chapter 2: Navigating a SharePoint Site
- Chapter 3: Working with Documents and Information in Lists and Libraries
- Chapter 4: Working with Webpages
- Chapter 5: Creating and Managing Sites
- Chapter 6: Making Lists and Libraries Work for you
- Chapter 7: Getting Social
- Chapter 8: Working with Wikis and Blogs
- Chapter 9: Searching for Information and People
- Chapter 10: Managing Work Tasks
- Chapter 11: Working with Workflows
- Chapter 12: Using SharePoint with Excel and Access
- Chapter 13: Working with Business Intelligence
- Chapter 14: Using SharePoint with Outlook and Lync
- Chapter 15: Working with Content Management
- SharePoint 2013 User Permissions and Permission Levels
- SharePoint 2013 Features
- SharePoint 2013 Solutions Required to Complete the Exercises in this Book