Synopses & Reviews
Mike Meyers--the #1 name in CompTIA A+ certification--has revised his bestselling quick study tool to cover the all-new 2009 CompTIA A+ exams.
Completely updated for the new exams, Mike Meyers' CompTIA A+ Certification Passport, Fourth Edition focuses on only what you need to know to pass the tests, and the unique travel theme helps you remember key concepts. The CD-ROM includes four complete practice exams, a new Introduction to CompTIA A+ video, a newly updated collection of Mikes favorite shareware and freeware PC tools and utilities, and an e-book.
Mike Meyers' CompTIA A+ Certification Passport, Fourth Edition features:
- Concise coverage of the 2009 CompTIA A+ exams 220-701 and 220-702
- CD-ROM with four practice exam simulations, a new Introduction to CompTIA A+ video by Mike Meyers, a newly updated collection of Mikes favorite shareware and freeware PC tools and utilities, and an e-book
This affordable, portable study tool covers:
Art of the Tech; Ports and Connectors; Maintenance and Safety Precautions; Motherboards, Power Supplies, and Cases; CPUs; RAM; BIOS and CMOS; Hard Drives; Removable Media; Adapter Cards and Peripherals; Printers; Portable Computers; Networks: Wired Networking; Networks: Wireless Networking; Operating System Fundamentals; Windows in Details; Installing and Upgrading Windows; Networking in Windows; Maintaining, Optimizing, and Troubleshooting Windows 2000/XP; Computer Security
From the #1 Name in Professional Certification
Get on the fast track to becoming CompTIA A+ certified with this affordable, portable study tool. Certification training guru Mike Meyers guides you on your career path, providing expert tips and sound advice along the way. With an intensive focus on only what you need to know to pass, CompTIA A+ exams 220-701 and 220-702, this certification passport is your ticket to success on exam day.
- Itineraries--List of official exam objectives covered
- ETAs--Amount of time needed to complete each lesson
- Travel Advisories--Expert advice on critical topics
- Local Lingo--Concise definitions of key terms and concepts
- Travel Assistance--Recommended resources for more information
- Exam Tips--Common exam pitfalls and solutions
- Checkpoints--End-of-chapter questions, answers, and explanations
- Career Flight Path--Career options mapped out to maximize the return from your IT journey
- Practice exams for 220-701 and 220-702
- Hundreds of practice questions from the book
- Video training segment
- Mike's favorite PC tools and utilities
Previous ed. under title: CompTIA A+ certification, 3rd ed., 2007.
About the Author
Mike Meyers, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, is the industrys leading authority on CompTIA A+ certification. He is the president and founder of Total Seminars, LLC, a major provider of PC and network repair seminars for thousands of organizations throughout the world, and a member of CompTIA. Mike is the author of six editions of the bestselling A+ certification book on the market, CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide.
Table of Contents
Check-In; Chapter 1.
The Art of the Tech; Chapter 2.
Ports and Connectors; Chapter 3.
Maintenance and Safety Precautions; Chapter 4.
Motherboards, Power Supplies, and Cases; Chapter 5.
CPUs; Chapter 6.
RAM; Chapter 7.
BIOS and CMOS; Chapter 8.
Hard Drives; Chapter 9.
Removable Media; Chapter 10.
Adapter Cards and Peripherals; Chapter 11.
Printers; Chapter 12.
Portable Computers; Chapter 13.
Operating System Fundamentals; Chapter 14.
Windows in Detail; Chapter 15.
Installing and Upgrading Windows; Chapter 16.
Maintaining, Optimizing, and Troubleshooting; Chapter 17.
Networking; Chapter 18.
Wireless Networking; Chapter 19.
The Internet; Chapter 20,
Computer Security; Appendix A.
Career Flight Path; Appendix B.
About the CD; Glossary