Synopses & Reviews
Practice the IT skills essential for your success
Written by the #1 name in CompTIA A+ certification training and updated for the new 2009 exams, this lab manual challenges you to solve real-world problems by applying the concepts learned in Mike Meyers' CompTIA A+ Guide to Managing and Troubleshooting PCs, Third Edition. Filled with more than 40 labs, the book features clear, measurable lab objectives that map to certification exam objectives for the CompTIA A+ Essentials and CompTIA A+ Practical Application exams.
Mike Meyers' CompTIA A+ Guide to Managing and Troubleshooting PCs Lab Manual, Third Edition features
- 40+ lab exercises that challenge you to solve problems based on realistic case studies
- Step-by-step scenarios that require you to think critically
- Lab analysis tests that measure your understanding of lab results
- Key term quizzes to help build your vocabulary
Complete coverage of all the topics on CompTIA A+ exams 220-701 and 220-702, including:
The Path of the PC Tech; Operational Procedures; The Visible PC; Understanding Windows; Microprocessors; RAM; BIOS and CMOS; Expansion Bus; Motherboards; Power Supplies; Hard Drive Technologies; Implementing Hard Drives; Removable Media; Installing and Configuring Windows; Working with the Command Line Interface; Securing Windows Resources; Maintaining and Troubleshooting Windows; Input/Output; Video; Multimedia; Portable Computing; Printers; Local Area Networking; Wireless Networking; The Internet; Securing Computers; The Complete PC Technician
Completely updated lab manuals for the new 2009 CompTIA A+ exams Written by the #1 name in CompTIA A+ certification training 40+ labs challenge students to solve real-world problems Includes materials lists, lab set-up instructions, and step-by-step scenarios Essential companions to the Mike Meyers' CompTIA A+ Guide textbooks
Practice the IT Skills Essential for Your Success
- 115+ lab exercises challenge you to solve problems based on realistic case studies
- Step-by-step scenarios require you to think critically
- Lab analysis tests measure your understanding of lab results
- Key term quizzes help build your vocabulary
In this lab manual, you'll practice
- Working with CPUs, RAM, motherboards, power supplies, and other PC components
- Installing, partitioning, and formatting hard drives
- Installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista
- Troubleshooting PCs and implementing security measures
- Installing video and multimedia cards
- Working with portable PCs, smartphones, PDAs, and wireless technologies
- Managing printers and connecting to networks and the Internet
- Understanding safety and environmental issues
- Establishing good communication skills and adhering to privacy policies
Mike Meyers, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCP, is the industry's leading authority on CompTIA A+ certification and training, and the bestselling author of seven editions of CompTIA A+ All-in-One Exam Guide. He is the president and founder of Total Seminars, LLC, a major provider of PC and network repair seminars for thousands of organizations throughout the world, and a member of CompTIA.
About the Author
Mike Meyers, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ is the industrys leading authority on CompTIA A+ certification. He is the president and founder of Total Seminars, LLC, a major provider of PC and network repair seminars for thousands of organizations throughout the world, and a member of CompTIA. Mike is the author of six editions of the bestselling A+ certification book on the market, CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide.
Table of Contents
The Path of the PC Tech; Chapter 2.
Operational Procedures; Chapter 3.
The Visible PC; Chapter 4.
Understanding Windows; Chapter 5.
Microprocessors; Chapter 6.
RAM; Chapter 7.
BIOS and CMOS; Chapter 8.
Expansion Bus; Chapter 9.
Motherboards; Chapter 10.
Power Supplies; Chapter 11.
Hard Drive Technologies; Chapter 12.
Implementing Hard Drives; Chapter 13.
Removable Media; Chapter 14.
Installing and Configuring Windows; Chapter 15.
Working with the Command Line Interface; Chapter 16.
Securing Windows Resources; Chapter 17.
Maintaining and Troubleshooting Windows; Chapter 18.
Input/Output; Chapter 19.
Video; Chapter 20.
Multimedia; Chapter 21.
Portable Computing; Chapter 22.
Printers; Chapter 23.
Local Area Networking; Chapter 24.
Wireless Networking; Chapter 25.
The Internet; Chapter 26.
Securing Computers; Chapter 27.
The Complete PC Technician;