Synopses & Reviews
Mini Encyclopedia Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life is the mini book crammed with masses of knowledge about the prehistoric world.
This compact, comprehensive children's encyclopedia uses clear, bulleted facts and incredible info panels to present a detailed look at early humans, dinosaurs and prehistoric plants, fish, amphibians, reptiles and mammals. Every topic is supported by photographs, realistic artwork and detailed diagrams, and colour-coded sections make navigation through the topics easy and quick.
The ultimate dinosaur book for kids, Mini Encyclopedia Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life is small enough to slot into school bags, making this a fantastic resource for school projects and homework at key stage 2.
Chapters and topic examples of Mini Encyclopedia Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life:
- Ancient life: Prehistoric time, Anthropods, Sharks, Turtles and tortoises, Snakes, and Mosasaurs
- Dinosaurs: Ancestors, Tyrannosaurus, Raptors, Herbivores, Triceratops, and the Age of dinosaurs
- Age of mammals: Ward birds, Marsupials, Carnivores, Rodents, Bats, and Woolly mammoths
- Humans: Early primates, Apes, Homo erectus, Brains and intelligence, Language, and Hunting
Fascinating facts for kids to learn:
- Dilophosaurus probably weighed over 500 kg - as much as the biggest polar bears today.
- An example of a fossilized egg is one belonging to the extinct elephant bird, Aepyornis. The egg was also huge - it could hold 8.5 litres of liquid
- Homo habilis used stone tools to crack open animal bones so it could eat the nutritious marrow inside.
Consultant: Steve Parker
Dimensions: 5 X 6.5
Format: Paperback with graining, curved corners and neon ink