Synopses & Reviews
- detailed trail maps and trail specs such as surface, length, hazards, trailhead, scenic tips, directions, races and more
- suggested routes and alternates in case you want a longer, shorter or more challenging course
- landmarks to help with orientation
- sidebars address the intangible experiences, trail by trail, from the author's viewpoint
- information about selecting gear and preventing injuries
From Afton State Park to Zumbro Bottoms, this book covers the state's best trails.
From an experienced runner comes this award-winning guide for runners, hikers and outdoors enthusiasts. Youíll appreciate the authorís perspective on her favorite trails, how to get there, the best routes to take and trail highlights.
About the Author
Kate Havelin has written over fifteen books. In 2007, the Midwest Independent Publishers Association chose her book MINNESOTA RUNNING TRAILS: DIRT, GRAVEL, ROCKS AND ROOTS as the Best Sports Travel and Recreation Book in the twelve-state region. Havelin's other books include junior high biographies of Che Guevara, Queen Elizabeth I, Ulysses Grant, and Victoria Woodhull. Kate lives in St. Paul with her husband and two teenage sons.