Synopses & Reviews
- waking up every night to a voice saying “Come and catch me”!
- being on a boat in the middle of the ocean in a terrible storm!
- finding millions of dollars on a busy highway!
These stories and more — humorous, poignant, astounding — and all true!
More True Stories, Third Edition, by Sandra Heyer, consists of 22 new or updated human-interest stories adapted from news sources around the world. The universal appeal of these believe-it-or-not stories ensures a pleasurable reading experience and encourages high-beginning-level students to read with fluency and confidence.
- A photo and pre-reading questions introduce each story.
- Average story length is 470 words.
- Stories are told in the past and past progressive tenses.
- Revised and improved exercises for vocabulary development, reading comprehension, discussion, and writing help students develop language proficiency.
- Background information and teaching tips in an expanded To the Teacher section help make the reading class more effective.
- An audio CD with recordings of all stories is included in each textbook.
- A perfect partner with More True Stories Behind the Songs.
The True Stories series includes:
True Stories Behind the Songs
More True Stories Behind the Songs
Very Easy True Stories
All New Very Easy True Stories
Easy True Stories, Second Edition
All New Easy True Stories
True Stories in the News, Third Edition
More True Stories, Third Edition
Even More True Stories, Third Edition
Beyond True Stories
Table of Contents
Unit 1 Puppy Love
Unit 2 Surprise! It’s Your Wedding
Unit 3 Bad News, Good News
Unit 4 The Twins of Siam
Unit 5 The Baby Exchange
Unit 6 The Ghost
Unit 7 Why Can’t They Quit?
Unit 8 Everybody’s Baby
Unit 9 Pay It Forward
Unit 10 Please Pass the Bird Brains
Unit 11 Margaret Patrick…Meet Ruth Eisenberg
Unit 12 Finders Keepers?
Unit 13 The Husband
Unit 14 The Auction
Unit 15 Money to Burn
Unit 16 The School and the Stamp
Unit 17 A Long Fishing Trip
Unit 18 The Surgeon
Unit 19 Customer Service?
Unit 20 The Mermaid Balloon
Unit 21 The Two Lives of Mary Sutton
Unit 22 Two Strangers
To the Teacher