Synopses & Reviews
with callouts to iMac images that show you exactly what to do.
Help when you run into hardware or operating system problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your iMac.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your iMac working just the way you want. The tasks include:
- Managing and arranging your desktop
- Staying on top of important changes with Notification Center
- Creating and navigating virtual workspaces in Mission Control
- Opening and organizing applications in Launchpad
- Accessing the Internet through wired and wireless networks
- Connecting to secure networks with a VPN
- Joining and using iCloud services
- Communicating via email, instant messaging, audio, and video
- Keeping in touch and on time with Calendars and Contacts
- Being social with Facebook, Twitter, and Game Center
- Creating a media center with Plex
- Downloading and managing software from the App Store and other sources
- Sharing files, printers, and even scanners over your network connection
- Protecting and securing your data
- Recording video and sharing it instantly online
- Expanding your capabilities with peripheral devices
- Troubleshooting system problems
My iMac offers iMac users full-color, step-by-step visual guides to learn how to get the most out of their iMac and OS X Mountain Lion. Using a task-based format accompanied by full-color images that show the detail of each step as you move through a task, you can quickly and easily accomplish tasks such as:
- Learn to create workspaces and manage your iMac's desktop for maximum efficiency
- Find out how to connect your iMac to a network to share files and services
- Connect your iMac to other devices, and then learn how to share those devices over your network
- Work with email, contacts, reminders, notifications, notes and more
- Learn all iCloud has to offer for keeping everything up to date across all of your computers and iOS devices
- Use your social apps such as Facebook and Twitter, and challenge others to games in the Game Center
- Understand how to secure, protect, and upgrade your iMac
- Enjoy your Media on the iMac's gorgeous HD display
offers iMac users full-color, step-by-step visual instructions to learn how to get the most out of their iMac and OS X Mountain Lion. Using a task-based format accompanied by full-color images, you see the detail of each step as you move through a task enabling you to quickly and easily accomplish tasks such as: managing and arranging your desktop, connecting to wired and wireless networks, creating virtual workspaces using Mission Control, understanding and using iCloud services, setting up calendars, contacts, and email, connecting to others via social media apps, downloading and installing applications, adding peripherals such as printers and backup drives, troubleshooting system problems, securing your data, and much more.
About the Author
John Ra y is a life-long fan of Apple products; he has been an avid Mac user since its inception in 1984. He relies on Mac OS X both at work and at home because it is a robust, flexible platform for programming, networking, and design. Over the past 14 years, John has written books on OS X, iOS development, Linux, web development, networking, and computer security. He currently serves as the interim director of the Office of Research Information Systems at The Ohio State University. He lives with his long-time girlfriend, their dogs, a collection of vintage arcade games, and an assortment of tech toys.