Synopses & Reviews
Say good-bye to sore and irritated feet forever with this comprehensive look at foot care.
In Natural Foot Care you'll find:
* Easy recipes for moisturizing creams, relaxing soaks, and healing ointments
* Instructions and herbal remedies for an at-home pedicure
* Natural solutions to problems like corns, bunions, and cold feet
* Advice for finding shoes that really fit
* Exercises for strengthening and stretching foot muscles
* Illustrated techniques for a relaxing foot massage
From some of the best-known names in the business come these exceptional guides to health and beauty. Each is packed with tips, techniques, advice, and simple recipes.
Treat your feet with your own homemade and luxurious all-natural creams, lotions, and soaks. Stephanie Tourles offers easy-to-follow herbal recipes that provide gentle, soothing solutions to common foot ailments -- from corns, bunions, and rashes to chronic dryness and cold feet. Tourles also includes illustrated instructions for a relaxing foot massage and suggests a number of exercises designed to strengthen and stretch your feet. Take a natural step toward soft skin and strong soles, and discover how good your feet can feel.
From easy-to-make recipes for creams, lotions, and ointments, to foot massage techniques, this book offers dozens of natural ways to care for feet. Readers will find tips for choosing shoes, treating athlete's foot and other maladies, and nutrition tips for healthy feet.
The author of the "Herbal Body Book" presents a holistic approach to caring for feet, introducing alternative and natural treatments for good foot health. Line illustrations. 2-color text.
Keep your feet healthy, strong, beautiful, and feeling great with targeted massages, luxurious creams and soaks you can make yourself, easy strengthening exercises, at-home pedicures, and specific herbs and foods to add to your diet. You'll find dozens of delicious ways to care for your feet!
About the Author
Not only is Stephanie Tourles the author a few of Storey's most popular titles, Natural Foot Care and The Herbal Body Book (which sparked the successful Herbal Body Series,) but she is also a licensed aesthetician who creates herbal cosmetics and treatments. She has also written Naturally Healthy Skin and 50 Simple Ways to Pamper Yourself, a guide to relaxing, rejuvenating, and caring for yourself. Her newest book, 365 Ways to Energize Mind, Body &Soul, is due out in September of 2000. Stephanie is a lecturer at garden centers, herb shows, and health fairs in Massachusetts on gardening and herbal body care topics. Stephanie owns September's Sun Herbal Soap Company, and is a member of the Northeast Herbal Association, The American Herb Association, and The Herb Research Foundation. She is a natural health and beauty expert for Vegetarian Life andcontributes toNatural Health magazine as well. Stephanie has appeared on the Discover Channel's Home Matters and Gary Null's national health radio broadcast. Stephanie and her husband live in Hyannis, Massachusetts.
Table of Contents
Introduction: The Humble Foot
1 Food for the Feet: Basic Nutrition for Healthy Feet and Toenails
* A Whole Foods Diet * Nutritional Supplements * Water, Water, Water * Exercise
2 Meet Your Feet: Foot Basics
*Your Amazing Foot * Foot Care Basics
3 Ingredients, Supplies, and Tools of the Trade
* When in Doubt, Check It Out * Alcohol * Base Oils * Essential Oils * Clays * Herbs * Thickeners * Salts and Starches * Miscellaneous * Supplies * Tools of the Foot Trade
4 Pampered Feet
*A Salon Pedicure * Home Pedicure
5 What's Afoot? Selecting Proper Footwear
* A Brief History of Shoes * Shoe Anatomy 101 * Last but Not Least * What's Your Foot Type and the Best Shoe for It?
6 Exercises for the Feet
* The Exercises
7 Foot Massage: Sweet Relief for Tired Feet
* Benefits of Foot Massage * Techniques of Foot Massage * Foot Massage Elixir Recipes
8 Foot Reflexology
* History of Reflexology * Let's Unwind
9 Common Foot Problems, Uncommon Remedies