Synopses & Reviews
Stouts, ales, lagers, porters, bitters, pilseners, specialtybeers, and meads. . .they're all remarkably easy to make! WithThe New Complete Joy of Home Brewing
-- acclaimed by criticsand amateur brewmeisters alike as the best and most authoritative guide on the market -- you can learn to make beer just the way you like it! And it's fun! Whether you prefer a richer, creamier head, a more flavorsome, full-bodied brew, or a sparkling, sweeter ale -- from the lightest lager to the darkest stout -- as a home brewer you can make them all and even keg your own like the beer masters of old!
Simple, Easy-to-Follow Sections on:
- Getting your home brewery together: the basics -- malt, hops, yeast and water
- 10 easy lessons to making your first bubbling batch of beer
- Brewing exciting world-class styles of beer that will impress and delight your friends
- Using fruit, honey and herbs for a spicier, feistier brew
- Brewing with malt extracts for an unlimited range of strengths and flavors. . .and much, much more!
Plus: A complete home brewer's glossary; a fascinating look at the history of beer; details about the advanced world of all-grain and mash extract brewing; growing your own hops; more than 50 fantastic recipes-from Cherry Fever Stout to Monkey's Paw Brown Ale.Over 80 Illustrations -- Contains New Up-to-Date Information!
Includes bibliographical references (p. 388-392) and index.
About the Author
Charlie Papazian is the founder of the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) and the Association of Brewers and the current president of the Brewers Association. The creator of the Great American Beer Festival and the World Beer Cup, he is the founding publisher of the magazines Zymurgy (for homebrewers) and The New Brewer (for professional craftbrewers). He lives in Boulder, Colorado, with his wife, Sandra, and daughter, Carla, where he still avidly homebrews lagers, ales, and honey meads.