Synopses & Reviews
The culmination of many years of research, observation, and study, the THE NEW STOKES FIELD GUIDE TO BIRDS: Western Region is factually, visually, and organizationally superior to any other photographic field guide available.
This easy-to-use guide features 636 North American bird species and more than 2,000 stunning color photographs. And yet it's portable enough to fit in your pocket! The guide includes:
* the newest scientific and common names and phylogenetic order
* special help for identifying birds in flight through important clues of behavior, plumage, and shape
* detailed descriptions of songs and calls
* important behavioral information and key habitat preferences
* the newest range maps, detailing species' winter, summer, year-round ranges, and migration routes
Whether you are a novice or experienced birder, this new Stokes guide will take your birding to the next level.
About the Author
Don and Lillian Stokes are widely recognized as America's foremost authorities on birds and nature. Their books include the bestselling Stokes Field Guide to Birds, the Stokes Beginner's Guide to Birds, the Stokes Nature Guides, and the Stokes Backyard Nature Books. They live in New Hampshire and Georgia.