Synopses & Reviews
Smart choice, your Nexus 7 tablet! Now let Dan show you everything it can do
Your Nexus 7 is an amazing gadget! In his legendary, plain-English style, Dan Gookin shows you everything you need to know to enjoy your new tablet, discover its secrets, and keep it happy. Learn to use e-mail, access social networking sites, connect with a Bluetooth printer, get directions, play music, swap files with your computer, and do so much more.
- Know your gizmo set it up, navigate the touchscreen, control lock screens, use the keyboard, and explore voice input
- Let's communicate use the People app, add your social accounts, send and receive e-mail, text, voice and video chat with Google Talk, and make a Skype call
- Stuff to do find places with Maps, buy and play music, read eBooks, or watch popular television shows and movies
- Beam me up use the Android Beam feature, connect Bluetooth devices, take Nexus 7 on the road, and secure your tablet
- More fun stuff customize your Nexus 7 and fill it with all kinds of apps from the Google Play Store
Open the book and find:
- Setup steps and guidance
- Tips on typing and dictating to your tablet
- How to browse and manage web pages with Chrome
- Ways to keep up to date and stay organized with Google Now
- Advice on streaming your favorite music on Nexus 7
- All about the Clock, Calculator, Camera, and Calendar
- App management tips
- Valuable advice on traveling with your Nexus 7
- How to extend your tablet's battery life
- Navigate your tablet, use built-in apps, and surf the web
- Load up on movies, eBooks, games, and music from Google Play
- Manage your schedule, video chat, and connect with social media
Nexus 7 For Dummies
provides readers with all the information they need in order to get the most out of their tablet. Key topics covered include:
• Introducing the Android tablet concept.
• Navigating the technical aspects of Nexus 7, including touchscreen technology, wireless access, software updates
• Downloading and shopping for e-books.
• Using the built-in Web browser on the Internet
• Watching streaming video
• Creating a slideshow of photos from your digital camera.
• Side-loading videos and music from your personal computer.
• Taking pictures and conferencing with your Nexus 7
• Reading an e-book
• Using the Android-based applications that come with the Nexus 7.
• Personalizing and customizing the Nexus 7, including accessories
Friendly advice on leveraging the power of the new Nexus 7 Google tablet!
The arrival of the new Nexus 7 Google tablet is eagerly awaited, thanks to its cutting-edge software, top-notch hardware, unprecedented abilities, and nine-hour battery life. This easy-to-understand, engaging guide covers everything you need to know about this amazing Android tablet. Bestselling Dummies author Dan Gookin uses his friendly writing style to deliver clear instructions for setting up, navigating, and using the device. You'll learn to use all your favorite Google applications that come loaded on the device, personalize it, and much more.
- Walks you through the touchscreen, wireless access, and software updates
- Demonstrates how to download, shop for, and fill your Nexus 7 with movies, e-books, games, and music
- Helps you keep on top of your schedule and appointments and pursue your interests and hobbies with the latest apps and websites
- Offers guidance on using your device to navigate from here to there and stay connected with friends and family while you're away
Nexus 7 For Dummies is an essential companion to your other new companion: the Nexus 7!
About the Author
Dan Gookin is the bestselling author of the first For Dummies book. His books have been translated into 32 languages and have more than 12 million copies in print. Dan's bestsellers include Laptops For Dummies and Android Phones For Dummies.
Table of Contents
Part I: Introducing the Nexus 7 7
Chapter 1: Behold the Nexus 9
Chapter 2: How It Works 23
Chapter 3: Text Typing and Editing 39
Part II: Keep in Touch 53
Chapter 4: Dealing with Your Friends 55
Chapter 5: Messages of the Electronic Kind 67
Chapter 6: On the Web 81
Chapter 7: Your Digital Social Life 93
Chapter 8: Text Chat, Video Chat, and Phone Calls 107
Part III: But Wait — There’s More! 121
Chapter 9: There’s a Map for That 123
Chapter 10: Name That Tune 135
Chapter 11: Other Amazing Feats 149
Chapter 12: More Apps at the Play Store 169
Part IV: Nuts and Bolts 181
Chapter 13: To Be Wireless 183
Chapter 14: Connect and Share 193
Chapter 15: On the Road 201
Chapter 16: Customize Your Nexus 7 205
Chapter 17: Maintenance and Troubleshooting 223
Part V: The Part of Tens 235
Chapter 18: Ten Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts 237
Chapter 19: Ten Things to Remember 245
Chapter 20: Ten Great Apps 251