Use the 2009 NFPA 70EÂ®: Handbook for Electrical Safety in the Workplace to avoid OSHA violations and reduce risks with effective strategies.
Electricity and its dangers are not selective--they put both experienced and inexperienced workers at deadly risk. Every year some 3,600 workers are permanently disabled, and, on average, one worker per day is killed. Make sure you understand and can apply the strengthened safeguards in the 2009 NFPA 70E that can prevent electrical injuries and deaths. Protect your workers and your business with solid answers and advice in the 2009 NFPA 70E Handbook.
This one-of-a-kind resource paves the way to a safe, injury-free jobsite!
Organized to bring you life-saving answers on the spot, the 2009 NFPA 70E Handbook starts out with a quick guide to Handbook use on the inside covers. Then, every page is loaded with the clear explanations and rationale you need to apply NFPA 70E and avoid OSHA violations:
- Advice and strategies from a source you can trust
- Full 2009 NFPA 70E text for reference
- Examples of compliance
- Summaries of major changes by chapter
- Complete table of contents by article
- Supplements with extracts from the 2008 NECÂ® Handbook and the 2006 NFPA 70B
The Handbookâ€™s exclusive mix of Standard rules and explanatory material prepares you to:
- Mitigate burn and shock risks by correctly following the latest work practices in the 2009 NFPA 70E.
Ensure workers select proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Protect workers engaged in a broader range of tasks and in more occupancies. First-time commentary only in this edition covers electrical worker protection in R&D laboratories (new Article 350). Handbook commentary also guides your use of the expanded table in Article 130.
- Reduce the chances of deadly oversights with tips for compliance with the new rules for multi-employer relationships.
- Be prepared for audits and reviews. Keep adequate records and comply with OSHA by correctly following the new recordkeeping requirements for training and safety program audits.
Avoid tragedies on the job with the answers and full support in the 2009 NFPA 70E Handbook--direct from the Standard source! A "must" for company owners, safety directors, safety trainers, supervisors, project managers, and everyone concerned with electrical safety in industrial, commercial, or institutional environments. (Hardbound, 416 pp., 2009)