Synopses & Reviews
A colorful, portable guide to all the features of Nikon's D3200 dSLR
The Nikon D3200 dSLR camera is packed with fabulous features like a 24-megapixel sensor, full HD video capability with fulltime autofocus, and 4 frames-per-second continuous shooting mode. This full-color guide provides instructions for all the buttons, dials, modes, and menus plus a refresher course in photography basics. It illustrates the essentials of lighting, composition, and exposure with plenty of examples, and author Alan Hess, veteran concert photographer, even includes professional tips on improving portraits, candids, sports and travel photos, and much more.
Sized to fit in a camera bag, the book includes a bonus gray and color checker card to help dSLR newcomers capture perfect white balance and color every time.
- Nikon's exciting D3200 dSLR offers a 24-megapixel sensor, full HD (1080p) video recording with fulltime autofocus and 4 fps high-speed continuous shooting mode, and a host of other features
- This full-color guide, in a portable 6 x 9-inch trim explains all the camera's settings, buttons, menus, and modes with step-by-step directions
- Explains how to choose lenses, adjust white balance, use autofocus, and manage exposure
- Author and professional photographer Alan Hess provides advice on improving your candids, portraits, sports and travel photos, macro photography, and more, with exquisite examples
- Includes a gray and color checker card to help you achieve perfect color
Nikon D3200 Digital Field Guide is your new Nikon's best friend. Take it everywhere you take your camera and have expert advice at your fingertips.
The Nikon D3200 Digital Field Guide will be filled with everything you want and need to know in order to take amazing photographs using your new Nikon D3200. This full-color portable guide walks you through the essential controls, features, and functions using step-by-step instructions and providing full-color images of each menu screen. This robust guide not only teaches you how to adjust white balance, autofocus, exposure, and choose lenses, it also teaches you when and why you should adjust each of these key settings. The Nikon D3200 Digital Field Guide goes beyond camera settings to offer readers a refresher guide to the principles of digital photography, covering the essentials of lighting, composition, and exposure. Filled with amazing examples, this book also presents readers with a variety of tips and tricks to capturing portraits, candids, sports, travel, macro photography, and much more. Also included with this book is a bonus gray and color checker card that allows new DSLR owners to capture perfect color in any environment.
Master the D3200 and you'll be amazed at the images you can capture
You have chosen an awesome dSLR, but so many of its powerful features will be wasted if you don't master all of the technology at your disposal. Start with the Quick Tour in this book to get a feel for the camera right away. Then learn to use each control, button, dial, and menu. Review basic photographic principles as you practice with your D3200, experiment with HD video and common shooting situations, use the Retouch menu, and much more.
- Master the varying functions of the D3200 buttons and dials
- Learn about the lenses, flashes, and microphones available for your D3200
- Experiment with Live View and different focus modes
- Get shooting advice for abstract, sports, concert, nature, low-light, portrait, and travel photography
- Learn how to view and edit images in the camera
Inside – your free gray and color checker card to help you achieve accurate white balance and color
About the Author
Alan Hess is a commercial photographer who specializes in concert and live-event photography. He is the house photographer for a large concert venue in Southern California, and is considered an expert on Nikon cameras. Alan's other books include All Access: Your Backstage Pass to Concert Photography, Exposure Digital Field Guide, and Composition Digital Field Guide, all published by Wiley.
Table of Contents
QT: Quick Tour 1
CHAPTER 1: Exploring the Nikon D3200 9
CHAPTER 2: The Nikon D3200 Essentials 31
CHAPTER 3: Setting Up the Nikon D3200 65
CHAPTER 4: Lenses and Accessories 95
CHAPTER 5: All About Lighting 121
CHAPTER 6: Exposure and Composition 143
CHAPTER 7: The Live View Mode and Video Basics 165
CHAPTER 8: Using the Nikon D3200 179
CHAPTER 9: Viewing and Editing In-camera 225
APPENDIX A: Postproduction 247
APPENDIX B: Accessories 263
APPENDIX C: How to Use the Gray Card and Color Checker 273