Synopses & Reviews
Moving up to a dSLR? Start using your D3200 today with help from this colorful guide!
Can't wait to start taking pictures with your new Nikon? This book is just what you need! You'll learn how to use every button, dial, mode, and menu on your camera to take incredible photos and shoot awesome HD movies. Filled with pro tips and techniques, this book helps you make the most of your D3200.
Meet your dSLR tour all the controls, learn how to adjust the viewfinder, explore the settings, and understand menus
Bring it to life explore Live View and use it for shooting both still photos and movies
Manage picture files view and protect your photos in Playback mode, download pictures to your computer, and prepare images for printing or posting online
Free your creativity leave Auto mode behind and experiment with exposure, focus, depth of field, and color controls
Shoot for success review settings for portraits, action shots, scenery, and close-ups
Open the book and find:
Explanations of all the technical terms
Advice on solving exposure problems
What you need to know about resolution and file format
Advice on processing Raw files
Creative ways to use flash
Hints on making the most of autofocus
How to use white balance
Ten cool retouch menu filters
Use the best settings for the kind of photos you want to take
Adjust manual settings for better results with exposure, lighting, focus, and color
Download, edit, and share your photos
IN FULL COLOR!
This FULL COLOR book helps new Nikon D3200 users get a better grasp on their camera's controls as it guides them through getting better photos with the model. Topics include:
- Fast Track to Super Snaps - getting the feel for the camera, shooting in Auto mode, managing playback options, basic troubleshooting
- Taking Creative Control - adjusting manual settings to get better results from exposure, lighting, focus and color, then applying those settings to photo sessions. Also offers a full chapter on video mode along with the new autofocus features of the camera.
- Working with Picture Files - sending images to a computer for organizing, editing, and sharing
- The Part of Tens - tips on photo editing and select features
A full-color guide to Nikon's exciting new entry-level dSLR
With its large 24.2 megapixel sensor, full HD video recording capability, and wireless options, the Nikon D3200 is very appealing! This full-color guide assumes no prior digital photography or dSLR knowledge and helps you start taking great pictures with your new Nikon right from the beginning. Popular author and photography instructor Julie Adair King shows you how to use all the settings, manage playback options, take control with manual modes, work with video, and edit and share your images. It's like a personal course in beginning dSLR photography.
- New dSLR users will quickly gain skills and confidence with the step-by-step, colorfully illustrated instructions in this beginner's guide to the Nikon D3200 camera
- Explains how to use all the new features of the Nikon D3200, including a 24-megapixel sensor, 11 autofocus points, 4 frame-per-second shooting, full HD video capabilities, and a WiFi feature that lets you control the camera remotely or preview images on your smartphone
- Covers auto and manual modes, playback options, working with exposure and focus, shooting video, editing and sharing photos, troubleshooting, and photography tips
- Popular author has written more than 15 For Dummies books on Nikon and Canon cameras
Nikon D3200 For Dummies is the easy, full-color, and fun way to start making the most of your new camera right away.
About the Author
Julie Adair King has been writing about digital cameras and photography since 1997. Her current bestsellers include guides on various Nikon and Canon cameras as well as seven editions of Digital Photography For Dummies. When not writing, Julie teaches master workshops and image editing at such locations as the Palm Beach Photographic Centre.
Table of Contents
Part I: Fast Track to Super Snaps 5
Chapter 1: Getting the Lay of the Land 7
Chapter 2: Choosing Basic Picture Settings 47
Chapter 3: Taking Great Pictures, Automatically 77
Chapter 4: Exploring Live View Photography and Movie Making 97
Part II: Working with Picture Files 135
Chapter 5: Playback Mode: Viewing, Erasing, and Protecting Photos 137
Chapter 6: Downloading, Printing, and Sharing Your Photos 171
Part III: Taking Creative Control 211
Chapter 7: Getting Creative with Exposure 213
Chapter 8: Manipulating Focus and Color 259
Chapter 9: Putting It All Together 299
Part IV: The Part of Tens 317
Chapter 10: Ten Fun and Practical Retouch Menu Features 319
Chapter 11: Ten Special-Purpose Features to Explore on a Rainy Day 341