Synopses & Reviews
Robin and John have updated their best-selling book on Web design by adding more creative ideas, useful techniques, and current technology, all of which can easily be implemented by both inexperienced Web designers and professional designers or programmers. If Web design seems beyond your grasp, this book will change your mind. Even if you already have a Web site, youÕll find valuable ideas, techniques, and inspiration in this work. ItÕs a Web design book that will wake you up creatively, rather than put you to sleep with code.
About the Author
has written more than a dozen best-selling and award-winning books, including The Little Mac Book
, The Little iMac Book
, The Non-Designer's Design Book
, Windows for Mac Users
, and many more.
John Tollett is a graphic designer, art director, and illustrator. He is the co-author of The Little iBook Book and the first edition of The Non-Designer's Web Book, both with Robin Williams.
Table of Contents
I. USING THE WORLD WIDE WEB. 1. What is the World Wide Web?
2. How to Search the Internet.
II. MAKING WEB PAGES. 3. Just What are Web Pages, Anyway?
4. Things to Know Before You Begin a Web Site.
III. DESIGN ISSUES ON THE WEB. 5. Print vs. Web and How it Affects Design.
6. Basic Design Principles for Non-Designers.
7. Designing the Interface and Navigation.
8. How to Recognize Good and Bad Design.
IV. COLOR, GRAPHICS, AND TYPE. 9. Color on the World Wide Web.
10. Graphic Definitions You Must Know.
11. How to Prepare Image Files for the Web.
12. Typography on the Web.
13. Advanced Tips and Tricks.
V. YOU'RE DONE—NOW WHAT? 14. Test and Fix Your Web Site.
15. How to Upload and Update Your Site.
16. How and Why to Register Your Site.
The Stuff at the End.