Synopses & Reviews
Curl up with a good NOOK this fun and friendly guide shows you all your eReader can do!
Good for you you've chosen a NOOK eReader and you're ready to make the most of it! Whether it's the NOOK Simple Touch or the NOOK Color, this handy book shows you what each can do.Master the touchscreen, fill your NOOK with your favorite eBooks and magazines, and shop for new ones. If you love reading, you'll love your NOOK!
- Alike and different learn what the NOOK Simple Touch and NOOK Color share and where they differ
- Download or side-load connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi to buy books and periodicals, or connect to your computer and side-load content
- Share your stuff borrow eBooks from friends or loan them to acquaintances via social networks
- Colorful options receive and send e-mail, play games, or enjoy music, apps, and videos on your NOOK Color
- Build your library shop at the NOOK store and other sources, and find free books online
- As you like it adjust font sizes and styles, choose a screensaver, and get help choosing what to read next
Open the book and find:
- Ways to borrow and lend your favorite books
- How to extend storage space
- Help setting up your library
- Tips on configuring security settings and features
- How to buy books from third-party stores
- Advice on cleaning the touchscreen
- Ways to get more life from your battery
- Set up and navigate your NOOK Simple Touch or NOOK Color device
- Fill your NOOK with eBooks, magazines, comics, and more
- Personalize your reading experience and discover new books
NOOK eReaders For Dummies
, Portable Edition
provides readers with all the information they need in order to get the most out of their NOOK Simple Touch or NOOKcolor e-reader.
Key topics covered include:
- Introducing the ebook and e-reader concept.
- Navigating the technical aspects of The NOOK, including touchscreen technology, wireless access, software updates
- Downloading and shopping for e-books.
- Listening to music
- Powering the Nook/Nookcolor
- Reading an e-book on an e-reader, including lighting, font adjustments, and so on.
- Using the Android-based applications that come with the NOOK
- Listening to audio books on the NOOK
- Creating your own ebooks
- Personalizing the NOOK, including accessories (B&N expects a strong revenue stream from what they call the “Nook Eco-System,” which will include the accessories, personalizations, applications, and more.)
- Sharing books on The NOOK.
- Internet Resources
Portable guide to NOOK Simple Touch and NOOK Color
NOOK e-readers are hotter than ever. Now you can get even more out of your NOOK Simple Touch and NOOK Color e-readers with this easy-access guide. Crammed with everything from how to personalize your NOOK or download books from a library of over two million choices to how to use the free Android apps or listen to audio books, this book covers everything you need to know and then some. It's fun, practical, portable, and packed with content, just like your new NOOK. So, get this great guide and get going.
- Covers everything you need to know to get the most out of your NOOK Simple Touch or NOOK Color e-reader
- Explains essential technical details on wireless access, software updates, and touchscreen technology
- Walks you through how to download and shop for e-books, listen to music, adjust lighting and fonts to optimize your reading experience, or listen to audio books
- Explores how to use Android-based apps that come with NOOK, ways to create your own e-books, how to personalize your NOOK with accessories, how to share books with friends, and much more
NOOK eReaders For Dummies, Portable Edition is the perfect accessory for your new NOOK!
About the Author
Corey Sandler was the first executive editor of PC Magazine and is considered a pioneer of computer journalism. He has written more than 175 books, including Laptops All-in-One For Dummies.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting to Know Your NOOK Color 5
Chapter 2: Handling the NOOK Simple Touch 39
Chapter 3: Reading, Gesturing, and Socializing 59
Chapter 4: Building and Managing Your Library 97
Chapter 5: Doing Tougher Stuff: Wireless, Side-Loading, Adding, Updating 129
Chapter 6: Going Online, Grabbing Mail, and Getting ’Appy with NOOK Color 143
Chapter 7: Ten-Plus Tips and Tricks 183
Bonus Chapter www.dummies.com/go/nookereadersfdpe