Synopses & Reviews
The NOOK Tablet is fast, light, and packed with entertainment — the fun is just a tap away
What is a NOOK Tablet? eReader, portable game console, and music and media player all in one, it's like having the power of all your favorite gadgets resting in the palm of your hand. You'll love your NOOK Tablet's speed, bright and colorful screen, and friendly interface. This fun and easy guide will have you NOOKing in no time!
Behold the NOOK Tablet — get to know your NOOK Tablet's buttons and features, charge and unlock your gadget, and connect to a Wi-Fi network
Hands-on — tap your way around the touchscreen interface and configure the operating system to your liking
More than a book on your NOOK — read eBooks, magazines, and newspapers, surf the web, and enjoy videos and music
Add some apps — download your favorite games and indulge all your interests with some amazing apps
Open the book and find:
How to shop and download eBooks, apps, and media
Techniques for adjusting settings for easier reading
Web browsing and social networking advice
Ways to import photos, videos, and music from your PC
A guide to useful NOOK Tablet accessories
Tips for sharing books with your friends and family
Hints for getting more out of your NOOK Tablet
Navigate the touchscreen, surf the web, and stay connected with e-mail
Stream video, play music, and create slideshows
Get the latest NOOK apps, books, magazines, and more
In Full Color!
NOOK Tablet For Dummies
provides readers with all the information they need in order to get the most out of their NOOK Tablet/e-reader. Key topics covered include:
- Introducing the hybrid ebook/Android tablet concept.
- Navigating the technical aspects of NOOK Tablet, including touchscreen technology, wireless access, software updates
- Downloading and shopping for e-books.
- Using the built-in Web browser on the Internet
- Watching streaming video from Netflix, Hulu, and other sources.
- Creating a slideshow of photos from your digital camera.
- Side-loading videos and music from your personal computer.
- Listening to music on your NOOK Tablet
- Powering the NOOK Tablet
- Reading an e-book on an e-reader, including lighting, font adjustments, and so on.
- Using the Android-based applications that come with the NOOK Tablet.
- Listening to audio books on the NOOK Tablet and interacting with the device using the built-in microphone.
- Creating your own ebooks
- Personalizing the Nook, including accessories (B&N expects a strong revenue stream from what they call the "Nook Eco-System," which will include the accessories, personalizations, applications, and more.)
- Sharing books on The Nook Tablet.
The fun is just a tap away with the nifty NOOK Tablet!
It's an e-reader, it's a tablet, and it's hot! The NOOK Tablet offers all the advantages of an Android-based tablet, and this small-trim book is packed with information about how to use it. Learn to set up your NOOK Tablet, navigate the touchscreen, download and read e-books, access the Internet, use all the cool Android apps that are included, and much more. Find out how to create your own e-books, share books with others, listen to music or watch streaming video on your NOOK Tablet, personalize your tablet, add accessories, and take advantage of all it offers.
- Explains the hybrid e-reader/tablet concept and shows how to navigate the NOOK Tablet touchscreen, connect wirelessly, install software updates, and use the built-in web browser
- Covers reading e-books and how to adjust lighting and fonts for your reading comfort
- Guides you through shopping for and downloading e-books, watching streaming video from Netflix, Hulu, and other sources, and creating a slideshow of photos from your digital camera
- Shows how to side-load video and music from your computer, listen to audiobooks, and interact with NOOK Tablet using the built-in microphone
- Tells how to personalize your NOOK Tablet, share e-books, and use all the built-in Android-based apps
Just like the NOOK Tablet itself, NOOK Tablet For Dummies, Portable Edition is packed with everything you need to be NOOKing in no time!
About the Author
Corey Sandler was the first executive editor of PC Magazine and a founding editor of several other national publications. He has written more than 175 books on computers and other topics.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting to NOOK You 5
Chapter 2: Poking Around at Settings 21
Chapter 3: Loading and Reading 65
Chapter 4: Stocking Shelves and Adding Apps 103
Chapter 5: Going Wireless and Out on the Web 143
Chapter 6: The Part of Tens-Plus: Tips and Tricks 177