Synopses & Reviews
Charming collection of seven authentic Indian tales told by Iagoo the storyteller. Includes "The Little Boy and Girl in the Clouds," "The Child of the Evening Star," "The Boy Who Snared the Sun," "How the Summer Came," "Grasshopper," and three others. 29 new illustrations.
Adapted from legends collected by noted ethnologist Henry R. Schoolcraft in the Lake Superior region in 1839, this charming collection of seven stories will delight youngsters and lovers of Native American myth and legend.
Table of Contents
1. "lagoo, the Story-Teller"
2. Shin-ge-bis Fools the North Wind
3. The Little Boy and girl in the Clouds
4. The Child of the Evening Star
5. The Boy Who Snared the Sun
6. How the Summer Came
8. "Mish-o-sha, the Magician"