Synopses & Reviews
NorthStar: Building Skills for the TOEFL® iBT: Intermediate , by John Beaumont (Series Editors: Frances Boyd and Carol Numrich) is published in cooperation with ETS.
Pearson Longman and ETS combine their expertise in language learning and test development to create an innovative approach to building the skills assessed in the new TOEFL® Internet-based test (iBT).
Each text features
- Ten thematic units to develop academic skills in English while building test-taking confidence
- Integrated skill practice to develop critical thinking and communicative competence
- Authentic TOEFL® iBT practice sets created by ETS especially for this series
- Practical tips to sharpen test-taking strategies
- Teacher's Manuals with evaluation tools to track students' progress and actual student responses (speaking and writing) at all score levels
Available in Intermediate, High Intermediate, Advanced levels.
Use NorthStar: Building Skills for the TOEFL® iBT with the integrated skills series
NorthStar to build a strong foundation for success on the TOEFL® iBT.
(ETS, the ETS logo, and TOEFL are used registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (ETS), used under license by Pearson Longman.)
Table of Contents
Part One: NorthStar Practice Units for the TOEFL® iBT
Unit 1 Advertising
Unit 2 Extreme Sports
Unit 3 Fraud
Unit 4 Storytelling
Unit 5 Language
Unit 6 Tourism
Unit 7 Humor
Unit 8 Fashion
Unit 9 Punishment
Unit 10 Marriage
Evaluation Forms for Integrated and Independent Tasks
Part Two: ETS Practice Sets for the TOEFL® iBT
TOEFL® iBT Writing and Speaking Rubrics
CD Tracking Lists