Synopses & Reviews
Novell's Manage Wise
Administrator's Handbook The Indispensable Guide to Proactive Network Management Novell's ManageWise Administrator's Handbook contains dozens of proven techniques and new ideas to help you master Novell's ManageWise and take control of your network. Whether you have a three-user PC-LAN environment or a large enterprise network, you can now minimize server downtime using the powerful capabilities of ManageWise for detecting failures and viruses early, managing components, and monitoring trends. With clear and detailed scenarios, Novell expert Randi Constable shows you how to maximize your network's performance and increase productivityand profitabilityfor your company. Optimize Your Network's Performance and Reliability
- Detect network problems early on your IntranetWare, NetWare®, and Windows NT* servers
- Diagnose, fix, and control your networked desktop systems
- Monitor the interaction of all the devices on your network
- Manage print queues for maximum efficiency
- Customize alarm thresholds to get advanced notification of failures
- Use LANalyzer agents to minimize troubleshooting time
- Take advantage of cost-effective remote server management
- Monitor clients and servers for viruses and inoculate them as detected
- Analyze trends of your server's performance parameters
About the Author
About the Author Randi E. Constable is a CNE, CNI, and Certified Banyan Instructor. An 11-year veteran of the computer networking industry, Constable joined Novell, Inc., in 1993 as a senior systems engineer specializing in NDS and network management.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to ManageWise.
Chapter 2: Segment and Device Discovery.
Chapter 3: Network Maps.
Chapter 4: Resource Allocation.
Chapter 5: Statistics, Tests, and Trends.
Chapter 6: Remote Server Management.
Chapter 7: Desktop Management.
Chapter 8: Address Management.
Chapter 9: Print Management.
Chapter 10: Asset Management.
Chapter 11: LAN Management.
Chapter 12: SNMP Device Management.
Chapter 13: ManageWise Virus Protect.
Chapter 14: Third-Party Consoles.
Appendix A: ManageWise SAP Types.
Appendix B: The ManageWise SDK.